New dog box and Drawers

How do you fit a crate into your vehicle with this arrangement? Wonder how this works with four guys in your vehicle - where does their stuff go? In my case, it's usually scattered around the truck!

We took the topper off and put the box in. Then put the topper back on. There are cut out on the sides of the box to get at the bolt down spots for the topper. Guns and ammo in the drawers they run the full length of the bed. Is pretty much a permanent set up for bird season. It would take 2 guys about a half hour to remove if I needed to.

Here's my setup

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg
How do you fit a crate into your vehicle with this arrangement? Wonder how this works with four guys in your vehicle - where does their stuff go? In my case, it's usually scattered around the truck!

Last edited:
I have an old Suburban and one dog; the dog is in a wire crate. On top of the crate is a long plastic box (6" high x 36") for birds. If I have an additional dog on board, I bought a wire pipe barrier to keep the dog from wandering about.

Rest of the truck is clear - most of the "stuff' left back at the motel...

Simple and works well...

Nice work Tbear. My bro in law and I just revamped our wood crates, making them a lot lighter as we will be shuffling them in and out a lot. Four guys, six dogs in a truck and a 7 hour drive takes planning. A one ton diesel crew cab with an eight foot bed helps a little of course.

No crate necessary. Its a 3 dog box. With 2 drawers below.

The drawer thing is cool and all but where do you put your stuff for a four guy five day road trip to Western SD? Coolers, gear, tubs, cooking equipment. Etc

4-5 guys headed to SD we take 2 trucks. 6+ dogs + coolers and gear don't fit very well in one truck no mater the setup. Depending on were we are staying we tow a trailer.

Back