Never Forget

I remember exactly where I was 12 years ago today. I was stationed at Camp Humphreys, South Korea. Myself and a guy, Brian Lewis, we were watching Monday night football on Tuesday (AFN airs stuff a day late because South Korea is like 14 hrs ahead) at my little apartment off base. They interrupted the game to show an airplane flying into the tower and then Beth called me asking if I was watching it on TV. To be half way around the world when this happened was pretty crazy.
We all have to not forget what happened just like we do not forget what happened at Pearl Harbor. 9/11 changed our world as we know it, how we fly in and out of airports, going to major sporting events, concerts, you name it. We all have been affected. Don't let yourself forget or become apathetic. God bless our military, active duty, reserve, guard and retirees. God bless the families of those who serve and who have served and God bless those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this great country.:10sign::thumbsup:

Gregory L. Floyd Jr. USAF (retired)

Well said and thank you for your service. It has been 12 years and there is still an ache in my stomach when I think about it. A day that changed the world as we knew it.

Well Said Greg.

I was also on active duty at the time accept I was stationed in Germany. It was afternoon there when the planes hit the two towers in NY. I can remember calling my wife and telling her to turn the TV on. Turned into a very long day. I also second thanking those who have served both the military member and their family. There are times in our life that we will remember for the rest of our lives. This was one of them.

They brought this out yesterday at the game. Its the flag that was flying on the construction site across from the towers. Its making its rounds to every state being repaired to go back and fly at the memorial. I'm thankful to live in our great country and greatful for our first responders and our service men and women. Thank you.

20130911_185020_zpsaf3b4d0d.jpg

Back