Neonictinoids in the news

Prairie Drifter

With these new insecticides suspected of being part of the honey bee and pollinator crash, makes a guy skeptical of what the effect is on the insects that gamebird chicks so depend upon. I think this story will get bigger in time.

Attachments

• Neonictinoids.jpg
    Neonictinoids.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 12
These insecticides are a problem. Most I know of are seed treatments but with today’s air delivery systems on planters the chemical gets airborne.

I have requested they not be applied to my seeds but to no avail. If I bought higher quantities they most likely would accommodate me.

They are an insurance policy at most and totally unneeded at worst. I don’t think there would be a great outcry if they were restricted.

no bugs, no chicks, no birds. i understand why its slow to come out that insecticides are ruining our ecosystem at an alarming rate. i wish PF and QF would man up and take on this topic.

These insecticides are a problem. Most I know of are seed treatments but with today’s air delivery systems on planters the chemical gets airborne.

I have requested they not be applied to my seeds but to no avail. If I bought higher quantities they most likely would accommodate me.

They are an insurance policy at most and totally unneeded at worst. I don’t think there would be a great outcry if they were restricted.
I don't know if you know Jonathon Lundgren of Blue Dasher Farm near Esteline. He has done a lot of research on this. He is a great recourse. You can get seed without it from Blue River Seed. It won't be GMO but that is a good thing too. From what I read it does not do any good,

With these new insecticides suspected of being part of the honey bee and pollinator crash, makes a guy skeptical of what the effect is on the insects that gamebird chicks so depend upon. I think this story will get bigger in time.

I'd wager the seed/chemical companies and their lobbies will go to work with disinformation.

Would love if they could make money working with nature instead of against it.

Back