NE Montana

Considering a pheasant hunting trip to NE montana in mid-late October...Hunted that area almost 10 years ago..Had a wonderful time, the two of us + 6 dogs (5 setters & 1 Epointer)...Read the access guide and talked to one of the biologists up there and sounded slightly optimistic...Just wondering, if anyone could recommend lodging in this area???Checked out the motels via google,,,certainly the motel that we stayed might have changed in 10 years + oil exploration demands on rooms. You could PM if you desire.... There are just two of us plus 4 setters....

R

Are you looking for rooms or do you have an RV you can bring with you? Which area are you looking at? NE Montana stretches along ways..LOL.

I wouldn't expect to find lodging without reservations.
No way opening week of pheasant season, at least a year in advance then not likely.
Later in the season on weekdays you can drop in and get lodging.
If it stays dry look for severe restrictions.

Last year,and for several years before that, the Sheridan Motel in Plentywood was booked a year in advance of the opener. Last year I got one night the week after the opener but only because some oil workers cancelled. The city campground was full of oil worker's families. Call first if you need one and expect to have trouble finding anything. Blame oil.

Lodging

Was considering visiting the Scobey, Plentywood, Culbertson Area (guess I have revealed my cards) to upland birds...Just 2 of us plus 4 setters and 1 pickup truck -- no RV...Was hoping to land somewhere between Oct 14 - 27 for a 5 - 7 day hunt....Certainly the area has changed somewhat from my last trip in 2003, with the discovery of oil in that part of the world....

R

If you can't rough it, be sure and call first and make reservations if you can. It may not be too bad then but remember that the general deer season opens Oct. 20 which makes it hard again to get a room.

The 2 motels in Culbertson are book a year in advance opening week and weekends. I've got rooms mid week after the second week, but not the opening of the deer season.
Scobey is out of the oil patch a ways, have had good luck there except they don't allow pups in the rooms.:mad:
I do the pop up pick up topper, works for me, I camp wherever.:thumbsup:

I would keep another thing in mind if your going to sheridan-roosevelt county area, I would lock my vehicle and take the keys with me now days....lots of new people to this area and unfortunately not all are like the good people that make up this area. I have caught myself leaving my guns and keys in my pickup while visiting over there this summer. I am sure with lots of potential victims, the bad apples will take advantage. I think the motel the one post speaks of is the Sherwood inn, not sheridan motel. I know of a person in Med Lake that might be able to help you out so if you want his number, PM me.

Lodging

An option for lodging in NE Montana might be Sparks B&B and RV park. It is located 15 miles east of Froid. I have not stayed there but I understand they have a bird cleaning house and kennels for the pups. Phone number 406-963-2247.
Good Luck
Bucketmouth

An option for lodging in NE Montana might be Sparks B&B and RV park. It is located 15 miles east of Froid. I have not stayed there but I understand they have a bird cleaning house and kennels for the pups. Phone number 406-963-2247.
Good Luck
Bucketmouth

I have stayed there often. Very nice place kennels and bird cleaning building are first rate.

Back