NE Colorado Report

sig_mech

Howdy shot gunners and dog runners. Just got back from a scouting and reacquaintance trip to NE Colorado and I got to tell you that things are looking good. There is a ton of corn still standing and if it doesn't get cut in the next two weeks then the birds are going to be hard to come by. The CRP is looking better in some areas and it has been cut in others so that will be hit or miss. There was some good moisture early in the year and that's helped with the natural grasses a lot. I was informed that there was a few instances of hail but it was widespread and did little damage. All in all it should be a good year. Oh yeah, did I mention that all the roosters are gone? Yeah, they all took off and went on vacation to, ah, Kansas. Yeah, that's it, they went to Kansas, and Nebraska, yeah, they went to Nebraska too! So don't bother hunting in NE Colorado, you probably won't get anything, you should all go to Kansas and Nebraska.:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

I think I found some of your “vacationing” roosters.. It was a good weekend across the border.]

Is that a Stoeger Condor? Or a different O/U? How do you like it?

Hopefully the cool weather & snow pattern stick around. It would be a welcome change from last year.

I think I found some of your “vacationing” roosters.. It was a good weekend across the border.]

Is that a Stoeger Condor? Or a different O/U? How do you like it?

Hopefully the cool weather & snow pattern stick around. It would be a welcome change from last year.

It is a Browing Citori Superlight with 28" tubes. They don't make the steel framed ones any more. It shoots well for me.

Great to hear a promising report John, even if it is in Kansas or Nebraska. Best of luck, hope we can get out again this year.

Todd

Back