National Parks: Americas best idea

quail hound

I watched the first chapter of this show last night on PBS and really enjoyed it. Last nights episode was about Yosemite and Yellowstone's early history and how they became National parks. I think its going to be a mini series so keep your eye out for it if you enjoy our natural wonders and American history.:thumbsup:

It is a fantastic series! I think most anything Ken Burns does is very interesting. One of the amazing aspects of the National Parks Documentary is seeing how much the national parks were shaped by very young men, many under 30 yrs old.

Another aspect I found interesting was seeing how the Sierra Club has evolved. I don't think John Muir would be real proud of his organization now.

If you hav not watched Ken Burns "The Dust Bowl" you definatly need to see that one. Those were some amazing times. Quail Hound any chance you are a Californian by way of the Okie dust bowl migration?

Yep, mom and dad's side of the family made the trek out west during the dust bowl days and I totally agree about the Sierra Club.:thumbsup:

Back