My turkey lottery..

Beniciahd

ZILCH! I applied to every single location. When you actually see it in a list form on CDFW website it's depressing! "Denied". Like a kid with a B average applying to ivy league schools! Oh how I love California! Guess I'll continue to scout class C wildlife areas in hopes of striking gold.

I wish I could get you on some private property up around me in the foothills, the turkey population is crazy! Sadly a lot of folks up here are retirees who think the turkeys are pets.:eek:

I appreciate the thought! Last weekends scouting trip produced zip. And this weekend was busy with the honey do's! Gonna head up Hwy 50 next weekend in the national forest foothills and hope for the best!

Sounds like you know that some Class C areas are drawing only for the opening week but the best hunting on the places you didn't get drawn on can be after that period and when it goes back to open access. You'll have to hunt during the week to have a chance because lots of them have horses and picnickers on the weekends.
If you have a boat there are a lot of turkeys along the rivers. That's all I'll say about that.:rolleyes:

Back