My son lost his best friend

SDJIM

My son lost his best friend this morning. Luke the lab passed on early today, he was a great bird dog and protector of the family and will be missed by all.

JR and Luke

All dogs go to heaven. RIP LUKE

All of us here have felt the same pain your family is feeling right now, there are no words. Sorry for your loss, R.I.P. Luke!

RIP Luke

On my every day driver coffee mug:

There's an old saying.......that every hunter deserves at least one great hunting dog in his lifetime. So here's a drink to toast that one special dog in your hunting lifetime. Jack Douglas Mitchell 1992.
I do a toast to my first hunting dog "Hobbes" and truly believe you don't find or train the best dogs, they find you and you learn more from them than they do from you. RIP Luke.
Sincerely, Kevin Wilmes.

:( I agree, there are not any words to make you feel better. All of us posting has felt the pain, however we also know the pain will subside and the void can be filled by the special memories of the fallen k9. And those same memories is what will drive you to make special moments with your next best friend.

God Bless y'all

On my every day driver coffee mug:

There's an old saying.......that every hunter deserves at least one great hunting dog in his lifetime. So here's a drink to toast that one special dog in your hunting lifetime. Jack Douglas Mitchell 1992.
I do a toast to my first hunting dog "Hobbes" and truly believe you don't find or train the best dogs, they find you and you learn more from them than they do from you. RIP Luke.
Sincerely, Kevin Wilmes.[/QUOTE

I"m looking for the LIKE button! This is very well said!

I believe it was my privilege to take the field with this dog a couple of years ago and he was a very good dog. I'm sorry for your loss J. R. Now I'm going to share something with you I learned in Veterinary practice of better than forty years.

Go get another pup! There has never been a puppy that can't make you feel better by squirming into your lap and licking your face! Do not feel disloyal to the departed one in doing so either because Luke will be watching you and when you get that next dog you'll be saying to Luke how much you loved him and how well he did his job of earning your love. you'll be saying to luke, "Job well done and you were a credit to your species." He knows you can't have him back but that you miss him so you want to share with another! He knows that you have an unlimited amount of love to give and you want to share with another since you cannot have him back, and I will tell you from experience that another dog won't take luke's place in your heart, but that the new dog will sit side by side in your heart! The antics of the new companion will serve daily to remind you of the departed one... it just works that way, and lastly, not even yo mamma loves you like a dog does, and where else can you get that?

Back