Moscow

gsppurist

So I have a job interview in Moscow ID later this month. Am considering it. Since I have never been that far north, how is the wild bird hunting around there and about 2 hours around? I am not afraid to travel but I also like quick hunts before and/or after work.

This is one strong consideration for the area.l

From the bit of poking around I've done (internet scouting) it seems like you should be able to find grouse, quail, and pheasants in huntable numbers and of course chuks in the snake river gorge (hope your legs and lungs are in good shape). Hopefully Driggs see's this and can give you a little more first hand account.:cheers:

Or possibly Koja as he's probably closer to there than Driggs.

Last edited:
From the bit of poking around I've done (internet scouting) it seems like you should be able to find grouse, quail, and pheasants in huntable numbers and of course chuks in the snake river gorge (hope your legs and lungs are in good shape). Hopefully Driggs see's this and can give you a little more first hand account.:cheers:

Or possibly Koja as he's probably closer to there than Driggs.

I am not too worried about the gorge. That is what I live for!!! I guess I will find out at the end of the month when I fly out the interview. I plan on going to some of the local gun stores and fishing shops to ask around.

Just returned from Moscow/Pullman area. Looks like I will be moving there in a year!!! Looks like Salmon/Chukar for dinner!!!!

I arrived here 11 days ago. First friday in town, skiing at lookout, Saturday Craig Mtn WMA for chukar/huns. Chukar again today, Grouse tomorrow.

Pics from today

Magnificent shot of the dogs and the landscape!

(My legs starting aching as I looked at it longer. :) )

Hope life is great there for you and yours.

I arrived here 11 days ago. First friday in town, skiing at lookout, Saturday Craig Mtn WMA for chukar/huns. Chukar again today, Grouse tomorrow.

Still going to be doing your annual SW NoDak trips? We so look forward to that well put together video slide show you produce. now we will expect some chukar videos as well :10sign:

Last edited:
Still going to be doing your annual SW NoDak trips? We so look forward to that well put together video slide show you produce. now we will expect some chukar videos as well :10sign:

Thanks for the comments. I had my gopro but the batteries went out in a matter of seconds.

By the way that is some spectacular scenery. Weren't you previously a flat lander? I imagine that your going to have to start some kind of conditioning program before the season to be able to make it up and down some of them slopes.

Where did you find the vests? What are they made of?

Vests are from Ugly Dog Hunting. Refered to as H2P vests. Best I have found. Hunted all day in them without issues. Some minor tears from crossing barbed wire fences 20+ times. I use them primarily when the weather is below 20 degrees or high winds. These are the best I have found after years of trying.

Used yesterday at 43 degrees and dogs felt HOT after 3 hours so I took them off and they did fine. Their fitting guide works perfectly.

it's a neat place Moscow, my favorite inlaws live there. Great fishing, bird hunting, and big game hunting close. Enjoy!!

Love your pheasant videos. Hope you can share a chucker or hun video. Looks like a great place to live. Never hunted chuckars, but would like to someday as the landscape looks awesome.

palouse

Many years ago when I lived in s. Idaho, there was terrific pheasant hunting there Jack O'Conner lived in the area, and I remember reading his stories. the changing landscape and farming practices have taken most of that away. however there may be some hidey holes of good pheasant hunting there a still??? I thing Idaho f and g plant birds ? not sure thou

Many years ago when I lived in s. Idaho, there was terrific pheasant hunting there Jack O'Conner lived in the area, and I remember reading his stories. the changing landscape and farming practices have taken most of that away. however there may be some hidey holes of good pheasant hunting there a still??? I thing Idaho f and g plant birds ? not sure thou
If you are talking about SW Idaho It was Ted Trueblood and IDFG has not stocked Pheasant except on the wma"s for 20 years. There a few wild Pheasants left in NW Idaho but NE Montana has a lot more! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Trueblood

Last edited:
Too bad the camera died. That was shaping up to be a nice video. :10sign:

P.S going up and down them hills has to be a hellava workout !!

Back