Missing a shot

Missing the shot doesn't bother me so much...it happens. What does bother me is when I miss what should be an easy shot, and the dogs actually look back at me with a look of disappointment and disgust. :eek:

I don't start missing until I start thinking I'm a good shot:). What drives me crazy is missing an easy one only to connect on a difficult one immediately after. Having a good dog gives you plenty of opportunities.

It bothers me more than it should. I can shrug off one or two, but if I get on a run of flubbed shots I will actually lose sleep over it. I know it's silly and I tell myself that but I can't seem to help it. I find that I can't fully let it go until I redeem myself with some good shooting, wether it's at birds or at clays.

With years - heck -- decades of experience, making sure you are comfortable with handling the particular shotgun you are using, and, of course, the proper training...

you get used to it.

:rolleyes:

shots missed

Something else that plays into this missing subject is fatigue.
I notice I miss more shots later on "long" days afield. I also notice more shots missed in the latter part of a trip like when I hunt Phez. ten days straight in
South Dakota.

Something else that plays into this missing subject is fatigue.
I notice I miss more shots later on "long" days afield. I also notice more shots missed in the latter part of a trip like when I hunt Phez. ten days straight in
South Dakota.

Agree. I think the excitement keeps me focused the first 2-3 days

good deal

if you hunt much, then you end up with some birds, the one's you miss is an excuse to go back and get em' next time, wive's believe it all the time, really fall for it. mostly i like to see my buddy miss though

cheers

Can't remember the last time I missed. JK. My few misses bother me more than all the "good" shots. Seem to have nightmares of the misses for some reason.

It bothers the hell out of me! The last 2 yrs. in S.D. I couldn't hit them hardly at all. Last year was really bad. What I don't understand is why I can regularly break 30-36 out of 50 targets when I shoot sporting clays, but have such a hard time hitting a big bird like a pheasant! I also hunt Canada Geese and miss my fair share of those too, but not near as many as I miss when pheasant hunting!

Back