Military Free Membership

Recon

Hello all just wanted to share some info although it doesn't apply to all I figured if it helped one hunter then it was worth the post. I found out that a couple of the Hunt clubs here in the Denver metro area offer FREE membership to military all you need is your ID and they waive the initial membership fee ($250+) and you get all new member benefits i.e. one free dog lesson or one on one with a shooting coach as well as member rates for birds. The clubs are Quail Run Sports 35027 County Road 27 Kiowa CO (303)646-3868 as well as Kiowa Creek Sport Club 46700 E County Road 30 Bennett, CO 80102 (303) 644-4627 I went out to Quail Run and will definitely go back they were awesome and very reasonable rates!!
Rich

That's really good info. Thanks Rich. Quail Run is a really nice place and to be honest, I like them better than Kiowa. I'm considering joining to work the new GWP pup.

I have been a member off Quail Run from almost the start, Jerry and Annette are great people, always willing to accomodate and they always have a great lunch that is very reasonable if you are hungry aftera day of shooting clays or birds. Was going out there tomorrow but looks like I will not be able to make it, forgot I have a clown gig tomorrow at a friends HOA yearly party.

I didn't want to sound bias but I LOVE Quail Run as well they are sooooo friendly!! Anytime any of you plan on heading out give me a buzz I plan to give them all of my in town business.

So is that just for active duty or does it apply to retirees? I have been to Quail Run and I like them as well, however I haven't been to Kiowa Creek, so what is Kiowa Creek like??

Kiowa is definitley a nice operation. I've only been to a handful of sporting clay/canned hunt places so I don't have much to compare to. Both Kiowa and Quail Run are situated on Cottonwood creek bottoms where you walk the clays course. I guess the thing that I like about Quail Run is just that it feels less stuffy. Kiowa can get that country club feel to it which I don't particularly care for.

Back