Lots of miles...few birds

DEDBRD

Started off in Rush County this morning. Found the cover to short due to the lack of rain maybe. By the end of the day we ended the hunt near Webster lake west of Osborne . Found the cover to be much nicer. Only found one field with standing milo. Lots of hunter with a couple phez and a few quail each day reporting at diner. We were right on the average 3 phez 3 quail. Not seeing the numbers I had hoped for.

I was in Osborne county this morning and also thought the cover was too short. Heard lots of shooting though. I went west a few counties and found more birds.

Started off in Rush County this morning. Found the cover to short due to the lack of rain maybe. By the end of the day we ended the hunt near Webster lake west of Osborne . Found the cover to be much nicer. Only found one field with standing milo. Lots of hunter with a couple phez and a few quail each day reporting at diner. We were right on the average 3 phez 3 quail. Not seeing the numbers I had hoped for.

It's not due to rain.

Yesterday was better as for seeing shootable birds. We shot 5 phez and 3 quail. Today 5 phez 2 quail. In the last two days all the birds were shoot in the first 3 hours of the day. Nearly 70 degrees today. So we took a nap then did some scouting.

Hoping for some cooler weather next week. Hopefully some guys are getting more of the milo out this week. Glad you got into them. 10 pheasants and 5 quail in two days are good public land numbers.

Ended the hunt with 13 phez and 7 quail. Two guys with dogs. Missed two phez that flushed in range. Put up 7 coveys shot one bird each.

We got skunked in the morning hunt today. I’m sore and the dogs are sore. Ready to head home.

Back