Lost puppy

SDJIM

Lost today in Ashland WI a female English Setter puppy about 3 to 4 month old
Chestnut Belton in color Contact Deb Beirl at 715-274-2065 or 715-664-3285

Last edited:
Great news the puppy was found this morning-- they got a reply from a facebook ad and found her in a backyard dog house well and in good shape :D:thumbsup::10sign:

Gentlemen,

Thanks for all your concern. Indy is back home just like she never missed a minute. We are really relieved to have found her in good health. She is considered a family member and it would of been devastating if we would of lost her. It's absolutely amazing how social media helped to quicken the search and locate Indy. Once again thanks for the concern.

George I hope to have her in the field hunting by Nov at roughly 6 months. She is showing a ton of promise.

Well its a little embarrassing to say but here we go. My wife and I were at my Father's picking apples for canning. I took Indy out of the box in the back of the truck and walked back to the apple tree. She crossed behind me and ran down the side of the garage. I went around the other side figuring I would meet her face to face. She was no where to be found? The wife and jumped in the truck and were looking within minutes. After several hours of searching and filing a police report there was no Indy.....

During our search my wife called her sister who traveled 20 miles to help with the look for Indy. Before heading to Ashland she got on Facebook and put the word out about our lost puppy along with a pic.

After giving up on the search and returning home at 9:15 pm after several hours we were pretty sad thinking that we would never see her again. We ended up heading back up to Ashland a 25 miles ride and 10pm to look again after receiving a call from my wife's sister who said while she was searching she came across a house were the people in the backyard were acting funny and ran into the house when they seen her? I think that someone grabbed the dog and intended to keep it. If anyone knows setters. they know that chestnut dogs are rare. It's pretty bad that someone would do this. We came across some people in a couple different areas during our second search and asked if they had seen Indy. We also told them that the police had been notified and we had intel the pup was in the area. After looking for a few hours we once again returned home unsuccessful.

Then at 1:45 am Sunday morning my wife's sister calls to tell us someone posted on Facebook they had found a puppy under a deck and weren't able to get it to come out.

We contacted the lady through facebook and we able to get the address. We headed again to Ashland at 6am. We headed directly for the address we were given at first light. We parked the truck and got out and began calling for Indy. Then across the road out came Indy from a dog house where she must of spent the night.

We combed this area the day before with three family members and the police patrolling. I think that the word got out that we knew someone had the pup in the area and they released her outside during the night. Pretty bad to think that someone would do this but that's the world we live in. My wife and I are just grateful Indy is home and safe.

She is be on a very short leash for a while.......

Once gain thanks guys!!!!

About time for one of those CIA subcutaneous satellite locator chips, you think?

GREAT news and a happy ending, which are all too frequently rare.

A hundred years ago, I had an orange belton female who found every human being to be wonderful company and all open car doors to be an invitation.

It lost its charm in short order.

Congratulations.:thumbsup:

Back