Lost English Setter

My brother lost his female English Setter yesterday while hunting quail near Lancaster in Atchison County. She's a young dog, about 2 years old, wearing a collar with my brother's name and phone #. He's been looking for her since yesterday afternoon and still hasn't found her. Has stopped by farm houses in the area with no luck so far. Appreciate anyone hunting in that area keeping an eye out for her.

I goose hunt most of that area will keep an eye out.

Much appreciated!

He's been over the WIHA he was hunting in multiple times, left his hunting coat in the field overnight, and shot several times yesterday with no luck. Hate to think someone took her, but you never know. Baffling as to where she could have went as she doesn't normally range out that far.

Glad to see his name and number are on the collar. That’s saved me a few times, never while hunting but at home. Good reminder to everybody else. All the dog supply places offer a stamped brass tag with their collars.

Hope he finds her

Sorry to hear of another lost dog. Seems like there is more of this happening this year for some reason. Another good reason to purchase a GPS collar. Money well spent.

My brother just let me know that his dog was found. No idea where she went or what happened to her, sounds like she is no worse for the wear. Having his name and contact number on the collar did the trick.

Last edited:
My brother lost his female English Setter yesterday while hunting quail near Lancaster in Atchison County. She's a young dog, about 2 years old, wearing a collar with my brother's name and phone #. He's been looking for her since yesterday afternoon and still hasn't found her. Has stopped by farm houses in the area with no luck so far. Appreciate anyone hunting in that area keeping an eye out for her.

This is why I never hunt without my garmin GPS collar.

This is why I never hunt without my garmin GPS collar.

Yep, I thought they were too expensive until I lost a nice dog to chasing deer. She ended up dead hit by a car after the sun went down. I have a love hate relationship with the darn thing, but I will not hunt without one.

Back