Lost a great one

Sorry for your loss. I have had to make that call more than once myself and you are right, it just keeps getting harder. We have dogs for such a short time but they find a way to become a big part of your life.

When God had made the earth and sky,
The flowers and the trees,
He then made all the animals,
The fish, the birds and bees.

And when at last He'd finished,
Not one was quite the same,
God said, "I'll walk this earth of mine,
And give each one a name."

And so He traveled far and wide,
And everywhere He went,
A little creature followed Him,
Until its strength was spent.

When all were named upon the earth,
And in the sky and sea,
The little creature said, "Dear Lord,
There's not one left for me."

Kindly the Father said to him,
"I've left you to the end,
I've turned my own name back to front,
And call you DOG, my friend."

So sorry to hear this, I had to make the call myself not too long ago. It's just as bad as losing family. At least it seemed like she lived a long, full life. It certainly is unfortunate that our dogs don't live near as long as we'd like them to, but maybe the silver lining is that we get to enjoy several great companions throughout our lifetime. I hope you have more dogs, or plans for a pup. Nothing breathes new life into you like starting the adventure all over again with a new pup!

So sorry to hear this, I had to make the call myself not too long ago. It's just as bad as losing family. At least it seemed like she lived a long, full life. It certainly is unfortunate that our dogs don't live near as long as we'd like them to, but maybe the silver lining is that we get to enjoy several great companions throughout our lifetime. I hope you have more dogs, or plans for a pup. Nothing breathes new life into you like starting the adventure all over again with a new pup!

Yeah I saw this coming so I got the next generation already started. This one is my 3rd Chocolate and I found out the young pups learn so much from the older dogs. I do still have 2 Britts now 13 and 10 and this little girl. View attachment 8397

Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling and am getting close to having to make that decision again. Hang in there, good looking crew you have

You gave her a great life and she appreciated it. Time to think about the next one you can give a great life to. Nothing cures the gone dog blues like a new dog. Great photos!

Always tough...Bury those great memories in your heart. Nothing breaks a heart like a good birddog. Sorry for your loss. Justin

Back