Looking for quail

ilhunter

I live in Illinois and I just built my first Johnny house. Does anyone know where I can buy quail in Illinois? I'm trying to avoid the high shipping charges.

Check the game bird gazette, or egg bid, on line. Most shooting preserves have birds they will sell you as well.

I talked with a gentlemen today regarding pheasants and quail for taxidermy. I'll be out to take a look at his birds on Wed/Thur. If you're interested I can pass on your info and he can contact you. He seems like a good guy.:cheers:

Send me a PM.

P.S.--this guy is located in N. McHenry County.

I talked with a gentlemen today regarding pheasants and quail for taxidermy. I'll be out to take a look at his birds on Wed/Thur. If you're interested I can pass on your info and he can contact you. He seems like a good guy.:cheers:

Send me a PM.

P.S.--this guy is located in N. McHenry County.

I buy birds from time to time to go to Bong, can you PM a name etc in case I dont know of him?
Thx

I buy birds from time to time to go to Bong, can you PM a name etc in case I dont know of him?
Thx

I have his info at the shop. I'll bring it home tomorrow and PM you with his contact info.

By the way, I believe:confused: Swanson is open again (under another owner) on route 120 in Woodstock. I drove by the other day and it looked like he had corn planted in his pens with a new sign too.

I'll be stopping through there also in the next day or two. I'll let you know what he has going on over there.:cheers:

Upland; I stopped through that guys place in McHenry. It was very small and most all his ringnecks are called for.

Swanson in Woodstock (on Roue 120) on the other hand is open again and run by the Sullivan pheasant farm from down state. The new owner seems to be a good guy and will have plenty of birds out there this fall.:thumbsup:

Here's his phone number if you're interested in calling him (217) 891-7410 or you can email him from the Sullivan website at http://www.sullivanpheasantfarm.com/contactus.html

Last edited:
Thank you for all your help pheas! I will give Swanson a call. it looks like he's only a few hours from my house.

If you sre looking for quail or chukar and are south,GC breeding in Monee,right off I-57, has the best birds around(they supply birds for AKC field trials,NAVHDA and NSTRA)
His phone number is 708-534-7521

Back