Looking For English Setter Female

vrepola

I'm looking for a female English Setter. Would like a puppy but a nice started dog is not out of the question. Thanks for the help!

Prairie Drifter

Have you got a timeline? A pup won't hunt in the 15/16 season, but a started dog would. What range, size, color, coat, or lineage are you looking at? Setter is a starting point, but not specific enough to point you in any of the 360 degrees that occur in the breed.

vrepola

Troy, Thanks for the reply. Im not in a big hurry as I have a great shorthair and an aging English Cocker. I have had shorthairs my whole life, but have hunted behind some nice setters over the years. I am not hung up on size or color but I do like a bigger dog. Really looking for a good foot hunting dog that does not range out to far.

I am not just looking to purchase a dog. I think my first post made it seem as I was just wanting to buy a dog. Im looking for the right fit. Wrong or not my dogs are family members that live inside an tend to sleep with the kids. I do hunt upland birds about 60 days a year from Texas to Kansas. Just looking to add the right girl to my adventures.