Looking for a Started Lab

Labs

Beginning to look for a Started Lab to finish and replace my 14 year old queen of the lineup, Betty. Prefer a Yellow or Fox Red female. must be through basic OB (rock solid OB a must), FF/CC, doing at least 100 yd marks, delivers to hand, and have some pheasant experience. Would consider trading a Franchi Instinct L 12 gauge O/U used 1 season as full or partial payment, depending on dog & level of training. Preferably from Minn, SD, or ND due to driving distance from my home in western ND. PM me...

Beginning to look for a Started Lab to finish and replace my 14 year old queen of the lineup, Betty. Prefer a Yellow or Fox Red female. must be through basic OB (rock solid OB a must), FF/CC, doing at least 100 yd marks, delivers to hand, and have some pheasant experience. Would consider trading a Franchi Instinct L 12 gauge O/U used 1 season as full or partial payment, depending on dog & level of training. Preferably from Minn, SD, or ND due to driving distance from my home in western ND. PM me...

What you are looking for will be in the $4000-$5000 range. Here is the guy you need to contact.https://highcaliberlabradors.com/

What you are looking for will be in the $4000-$5000 range. Here is the guy you need to contact.https://highcaliberlabradors.com/

Guess I need to clarify. I have raised and trained labs for the last 20 years. I currently have 4 in my kennel, my 14 year old is going to get a few easy hunts this year but will be retired after this season. I don't feel inclined to train a pup from 7 weeks old this time, which takes 16-24 months to finish. I'm looking for a started dog so I can begin with intermediate training and handling and it will be ready to go next season.

I'm very familiar with the gundog and breeding fraternity, and know the price ranges. A started dog with a solid pedigree 12-24 months old runs $2500-$3500 depending on level of training & bird experience. $4K-$5 will buy a finished dog with a JH to SH title. If someone pays that much for a started lab, he got taken.

$100 will buy a pup from the Walmart lot...

I have inquiries out in the gundog world, just figured it couldn't hurt to put one out on this forum. Perhaps not the best idea...

Guess I need to clarify. I have raised and trained labs for the last 20 years. I currently have 4 in my kennel, my 14 year old is going to get a few easy hunts this year but will be retired after this season. I don't feel inclined to train a pup from 7 weeks old this time, which takes 16-24 months to finish. I'm looking for a started dog so I can begin with intermediate training and handling and it will be ready to go next season.

I'm very familiar with the gundog and breeding fraternity, and know the price ranges. A started dog with a solid pedigree 12-24 months old runs $2500-$3500 depending on level of training & bird experience. $4K-$5 will buy a finished dog with a JH to SH title. If someone pays that much for a started lab, he got taken.

$100 will buy a pup from the Walmart lot...

I have inquiries out in the gundog world, just figured it couldn't hurt to put one out on this forum. Perhaps not the best idea...

A dog that has been through force fetch, collar conditioning, obedience, and has had lots of marks and birds will run you $4000-$5000. You are not going to get a finished dog for that price. I have bred, raised and trained quality dogs for 40 years now. Andy's dogs are as good as gets and his dogs for what you want are around $5500. $2500 will get you a started dog trained by the door greeter at WalMart.

Back