Looking for a hunting partner

HawkeyeHunter

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to the state. Just moved here in July from Iowa. I've got a flushing dog (lab mix) in her second year of hunting (still working on retrieving birds) and were looking for some people to hunt with in the northern Colorado area. Live in Loveland but am willing to drive an hour or two. Went out for some dusky grouse on opening weekend around the Allenspark area but it was pretty packed with campers since it was labor day weekend. We're open to hunting anything, have been doing some dove hunts around Loveland as well.

Thanks in advance

I am in Denver but would not mind going for a few hunts once pheasant season opens. I am mostly available on the weekends and if I get "sick" I may be able to get out of work once in a while.

I'm only available on weekends unfortunately, but if I do get a free weekday off I'll let you know! Thanks for the response!

Hey fellow Iowan!

I'm also an Iowa transplant. I live down in the Denver suburbs and have a GSP. I've only been hunting out here with my dog since last season with moderate success. I know the grouse season is basically over, but pheasant season is just getting started! I would be down to link up this winter, and we should think about next grouse season as well. I try to get up to the northeast corner of the state for pheasants, but can travel a bit, only on weekends though.

I will be down in the Walsh Baca county area opening day with 2 guys and a lab trying out the walk in areas. If anyone would like to team up to cover fields a bit more effectively would enjoy company. Just as long as you are safe and can be happy whether we get birds or just exercise! :) send me a pm!

I have had a good year in Colorado other than trying opening weekend. (We weren't the first to our field of choice and had to pick one off of the "B" list. While hunting the first field we saw 4 different groups of hunters come and go in the smaller field next to us. I'm sure we didn't take another step that weekend that hadn't already been walked by others.) I saw a few birds the last two times out (December) but almost all busted out early or ran out the side. The dogs seemed to be really birdy, often, this year for the number of birds we kicked up within shooting distance.

Anyways, I canceled a trip out of town that would have kept me away through the end of the season and am looking to get in one or two more random days and wondered if anyone was else was interested and possible open for anything and would like to go?

Wes

Last edited:
Back