Looking For 2-4 Hunters

kkistinger

My Dad and I are looking to come out to SD U-Guide hunting but need additional hunters. Looking in the Nov & Dec time frame.

Kraig Kistinger

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to UPH Kraig. Why don't you do a write up in "Introductions" and get to know the hunters we have here. Great bunch of guys here that are willing to answer questions and share information. I'm sorry, I live in the wrong part of the country to help with your trip.........Bob

My Dad and I are looking to come out to SD U-Guide hunting but need additional hunters. Looking in the Nov & Dec time frame.

kkisti@sbcglobal.net

Kraig Kistinger

Kraig, thanks for taking the initiative on this suggestion. Couple of things. This Group Builder forum is new so there isn't a ton of traffic here yet. Also this is a slow time of year for overall pheasant forum traffic. Bob had a good idea to post in Intro's and then mention that you are looking for a couple extra hunters for an SD hunt and you will get more visibility there and maybe some other interest. Keeping checking back here if response is slow as it may take some time.

What area of the state are you planning to hunt? Any additional details you can give will help. Type of dogs, how you like to hunt, group size, etc.

And Welcome to UPH!

Kraig,

If you haven't filled the slots, I want them if our dogs are going to be compatible (pointer vs. flusher). Have you already booked your hunt? UGUIDE is right, there isn't much traffic here yet, which is why I didn't notice this sooner. I'd rather have booked it early enough for a discount, but couldn't find enough people interested in going (not easy convincing KS boys that the drive and change in scenery is worthwhile).

Let me know if these slots are still open and I'll send my money to Chris right away.

If you have any slots open for early December or after thanksgiving Im available and looking to go to SD. My email is I have a professionally trained Silver lab. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Kraig,

If you haven't filled the slots, I want them if our dogs are going to be compatible (pointer vs. flusher). Have you already booked your hunt? UGUIDE is right, there isn't much traffic here yet, which is why I didn't notice this sooner. I'd rather have booked it early enough for a discount, but couldn't find enough people interested in going (not easy convincing KS boys that the drive and change in scenery is worthwhile).

Let me know if these slots are still open and I'll send my money to Chris right away.

If you ever want a out of state hunt, I'm always open!

If you ever want a out of state hunt, I'm always open!

I plan to go to SD once with someone from this site. He hasn't given me a date yet, but I'm pretty sure we're going. We'll probably do the freelance thing instead of booking w/ an outfitter though. If I'm going to book a hunt, I want to do it early enough to get a discount.

I plan to go to SD once with someone from this site. He hasn't given me a date yet, but I'm pretty sure we're going. We'll probably do the freelance thing instead of booking w/ an outfitter though. If I'm going to book a hunt, I want to do it early enough to get a discount.

What month are you guys leaning towards ? I would love to tag along if there is room!

Week of 6 Dec

I'm interested in joining a group during week of 6 Dec. Might be able to bring one additional hunter. I have a well trained Brittany and GSP. Hunted Presho last week--was fabulous. Would like to return for my license "second week", and hunt with group of 4-6. Only interested in joining others with dogs, or at least good dog sense. Carpool from NM?

You hunt in presho on any public? I know the private must be fabulous but not sure about public. I'll be up there next week.

Presho public

I only hunted private with Luckydog--was fabulous. There was a section of WIHA across the road from house where we stayed. I watched a few people hunt it. The only hunter who really caught my attention was someone hunting alone with a very well trained GSP. Was a pleasure to watch him. He put up a few hens and a couple of roosters in the 30-min I watched him. Section is on Rd 299 west of town, north of the highway and just north of the rail tracks.
I also saw some hunters on WIHA adjacent to a couple of sections we hunted a few miles south of interstate, unfortunately I don't have better directions. Both our sections and the WIHA were CRP adjacent to a large field of uncut sunflowers. Lots of birds; heard plenty of shooting on the WIHA.
I think in general, if you go on a weekday, you ought to find good WIHA hunting. The key is being aware of whether the section has been hunted just before you arrive leaving it void.

Nice, thanks! My Brit and I should have a great time. Wish I had some private but I'll have to work on that. It's my first time in that part of South Dakota.

iowa hunter

dec 7-11 i am looking 4 a couple hunters 2 hunt in sd. i have been there few times. just got back nov19-23 it was great.

Back