Living At Home Finally

RedNose

First off I want to thank everyone for the kindness when my mother died 21 January. That was a rough spell. I finally made it back to the house in Washington middle of Febuary not expecting to sell the thing when out of the blue we had a offer to vacate by 21 March to bind the sale. We promptly started packing and moving things into storage. We: my wife, Gus the lab and myself became mobile residents of a 1994 9.6 northern lite camper in the bed of our 2006 Dodge Cummins. Gus was on the mend from his second stifle surgery and my wife went into surgery for a foot repair that required a long SS pin being inserted from the tip of her little toe to about 2/3 of the way into the metatarsal bone!! This took place in April and stayed there until the end of May. Between this she flew to Juneau and house hunted sent me lots of information and eventually we bought a house, but could not move into it as I still had obligations back in Yooperland. Sooo we drove back there after the pin was removed sold my mother's lake homestead in Forsythe Township and her home in the town I grew up in. Then we drove back to Washington (3400 mi round trip) had a container delivered to the storage unit and filled a 40 ft container in 2.5 hours with the help of 4 friends!! After that we headed for the border. This was a riot as I'd filled out my firearms paper work on a pump 12ga, the wife's, and my tikka 223 plus 4800 rounds of ammo. Needless to say the Canadians were interested in us. Two vehicles and lots of sporting good. After about two hours and threats to unload everything with us saying to ahead just let us sit some where comfortable they let us go.
Now we headed for Prince Rupert to catch the ferry and eventually home to where my heart and soul are at peace. We finally arrived in Juneau on 28 June. We've been busy doing energy savings upgrades on the house a little fishing etc. we're nonresident until 28 June so no hunting this fall but we'll remedy that next year. We're waiting for our 2284 Raider Cuddy to be completed in Coliville, WA so we can be out fishing more seriously than fishing from sit a top kayaks. We do ok on the kayaks but there is so much in the Pan Handle to explore this boat plus the kayaks will open more for us. Also Gus likes boats better than the back platform of the 15 ft kayak.
I'll post some more got the grandkids here today. We live 15 minutes from them and THAT my friends is the best present two folks can have. ;-)

You have had a lot on your plate. Glad you are back in the land you love. Want to make it to Juneau one day. Three trips to POW to my late brother's place. I love SE Alaska.

Back