Last trip out- Hill City/Russsell

Brad6260

Pooch and I are getting in a last trip of the season next week. Will be in the Russell/Hill City /Hoxie area's if anyone has an interest in hooking up.

hunt

Brad ,
gota ask how did your hunt go?? I went out there on Friday ,first trip that direction all year ,couldnt belive how everything was so sparse, I ended up going back East some and found a few big running birds , me and the hounds had a good day even though we didnt shoot but one Rooster ,seen plently just were running hard like they should be the last few days of the Season .

Wish I had a glowing report but since I did not find anyone to share the driving and the early season was so poor I bagged it and hit some local farms here in Ky for quail.
I hate to say it but after many years as a Kansas regular I plan to spend most of my next season in South Dakota where I had much better success this year. I will be back but hopefully the weather gods will give the birds a few decent hatch seasons to recover a bit.

Take care.

Well I've never been to South Dakota to hunt pheasants and ever year I say im going and then don't lol I usally hunt by myself with my dogs and this year I stayed south hunting a lot of quail. But wanted to go so I could say I went out West. If it wasn't nearly the end of season I'm not sure I would have gone back out. Thinking I will go to South Dakota next year but time will tell. :D

Well I've never been to South Dakota to hunt pheasants and ever year I say im going and then don't lol I usally hunt by myself with my dogs and this year I stayed south hunting a lot of quail. But wanted to go so I could say I went out West. If it wasn't nearly the end of season I'm not sure I would have gone back out. Thinking I will go to South Dakota next year but time will tell. :D

don't wait another year, you need to go to Sodak! :thumbsup:

Back