last hunt...

JSMITH

7 family/friends and I went out for our 2nd and last western kansas hunt of the season. Mix of CRP and milo/shelterbelts and didn't shoot too well. Got 3 kids out to hunt which was memorable (none with shotguns yet). Found 11 roosters and 3 quail on saturday, and should have had about 20/10. Sure wish I could get out more, but thankful for the time I do get out in God's great outdoors with loved ones. Walked about 14 miles according to my brothers pedometer, and my 72 year old dad walked the vast majority of it with us. Thankful that he is still in good enough health to do that with my brothers and I.

The sunset was incredible that evening- in my opinion there is no sight like a kansas winter sunset...

That's a lot of miles!

Congratulations on a great hunt. My dad is 77 and those 3-generation hunts are very, very cool.

Looks like quite a few late season hunts showing some success on here. I can't get out again this year, so loving the pictures everybody else is posting.

Looks like quite a few late season hunts showing some success on here. I can't get out again this year, so loving the pictures everybody else is posting.
I agree- I would love to see more pics on this forum. All of the beautiful scenery/dogs/wildlife more than cancels out a bunch of ugly guys like us:thumbsup:

Back