Last Day for Texas Phheasant

Skeet Mc

I will be spending the last afternoon of the pheasant season chasing roosters in the snow. I will let yall know how it went when I get back from the hunt. GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

Shot a limit of roosters, saw even more. The birds were skitish on this final day of our season. Quail were every where. The land owner said, we were welcome to shoot some quail but he jumped a covey and never lifted his shotgun. So, The rest of us just let them fly as well. All total six guys shot nine roosters in 3 hrs. It was the best day I've had here in the Panhandle in Four years. And!!! And!!! And!!! THE COWBOYS WIN!!!!!!

Shot a limit of roosters, saw even more. The birds were skitish on this final day of our season. Quail were every where. The land owner said, we were welcome to shoot some quail but he jumped a covey and never lifted his shotgun. So, The rest of us just let them fly as well. All total six guys shot nine roosters in 3 hrs. It was the best day I've had here in the Panhandle in Four years. And!!! And!!! And!!! THE COWBOYS WIN!!!!!!

good for you....and the boys move on.:thumbsup:

Skeet Mc, great photobucket. I have heard other reports of increased wild pheasant numbers in the panhandle.

What a difference 2014 spring and summer rains make, timely rains and moisture produced green vegetation (nesting cover and shade for the chicks) and fat juicy insects for the chicks and adult birds.

Rain is the number one super charger needed in the Texas/Oklahoma Panhandles and S. W. Kansas. That moisture provides nutrients needed to jump start wild pheasant and quail production.

More good news, right now (winter/spring 2015) a weak to moderate El Nino is pulling up moisture from the south Pacific and dumping that moisture over the southwest and southern plains. Thats great news for the wheat crop, green healthy wheat and green spring vegetation equals much more nesting cover and greater chick survival.

Back