Kimball sd

dogman

Just received an invitation to hunt private ground with a resident in kimball. Would it be worthy drive from sw ks?

Kimball has some of the highest bird numbers in the state consistently. If you have the time I would say you should jump at that opportunity. If the person you'll be hunting with says they have birds I'd be inclined to believe it.

Kimball has some of the highest bird numbers in the state consistently. If you have the time I would say you should jump at that opportunity. If the person you'll be hunting with says they have birds I'd be inclined to believe it.

WHAT HE SAID :thumbsup:

A friend of mine has hunted the Kimball area for years (private) and always has success, although the last two years were slim. Usually they hunt two different times; last year only once - few birds.

Judging by the Chamberlain area brood count, Kimball should be a worthwhile hunt.

?

Are you nuts?? Does your friend need other people? I am just kidding but you have just received more than a "gift horse" in my opinion.

A chance to enjoy the premier state with all of the other experiences that your trip will contain should be incentive enough. If you are still in doubt--offer up your place to just about anyone else on our forum. You will receive your fair share of replies.:)

It's a done deal will be chasing roosters in the kimball area Nov 15&16 Got a motel booked no turning back now. Let the good times roll!!

What motel did you pick? I'm coming out about those same dates and need a lodge in that area; looking at Chamberlain right now; Platte has slim pickings.

It's a done deal will be chasing roosters in the kimball area Nov 15&16 Got a motel booked no turning back now. Let the good times roll!!

Awesome, you made the right choice. I will be hunting that area next week. I will let you know how things go.

Had a report from my friend that hunted the Kimball area opening day: very dry, dusty conditions. Birds are up a bit, but he didn't rave about the bird production. Lots of corn!! Tough going for the dogs and "old guys."

We have reservations at Dakota Winds Motel My host/friend recommended it as the owners are extremely customer friendly. And rates are very reasonable

Had a report from my friend that hunted the Kimball area opening day: very dry, dusty conditions. Birds are up a bit, but he didn't rave about the bird production. Lots of corn!! Tough going for the dogs and "old guys."
Sounds like a typical opener in Southwest Kansas. I think by the time we get there the crops will be out If there are any birds at all we'll find them.

Sounds like a typical opener in Southwest Kansas. I think by the time we get there the crops will be out If there are any birds at all we'll find them.

Yeah, you guys will do just fine. Crops in or out you'll find birds.;)

kimball sd

Will be heading to Kimball Nov. 14. Been busy getting the dogs in shape not an easy task with the weather being so warm. Does anyone have any reports of hunting success in that area?

I hunted around the Kimball area the past 4 days, plenty of birds and the corn is coming out rapidly. You won't have any issues seeing birds.

Our biggest issue was the wind was blowing like a beast a couple of the days, making it tough work on the dogs and shooters.

Will be heading to Kimball Nov. 14. Been busy getting the dogs in shape not an easy task with the weather being so warm. Does anyone have any reports of hunting success in that area?

The birds are there.... and youre not. :)

Back