Kansas Pheasant Hunting Shirt

So in my day job I do some T-shirt design work. A couple of times I have messed around with some pheasant hunting themed designs. I thought I would share this design I came up with, with you all.

If I am breaking any rules by "selling" these shirts on here please let me know.

I am using the website teespring.com which allows you to design a shirt and sell it to others on the internet. You can set your own prices based on the cost teespring charges for the shirt. I can assure you with the prices I set I am not making any money here. If you want a shirt, or hoodie, or window sticker all you have to do is click buy on the site. as long as 3 other people decide to buy it they will print the shirts and fill the order. if less than 3 people buy they wont charge your credit card. Oh and all the shirts have to be ordered before 9/29/16.

https://teespring.com/kansas-pheasant-hunting-shirt

Feel free to critique my design. I would like to get your feedback.

If it was me, I would outline the state and put the color on the bird, leaving the state blank,,, basically just reverse the pattern.

One time I had shirts screen printed with a large block on them like that, and they felt clammy. That big block of paint doesn't breathe... So if it was me, I would try to show the logo using less paint.

I don't know if that makes sense... :laugh::cheers:

Glad it's short sleeve. May get kinda warm hunting in if it were long sleeve. The way our weather has been might think about a tank top

Nice design. As some caps have, might you consider adding the words, "Kansas. Big Cock Country."? I bought one of those caps for an out-of-state hunter friend. He liked it. :p

Last edited:
If it was me, I would outline the state and put the color on the bird, leaving the state blank,,, basically just reverse the pattern.

One time I had shirts screen printed with a large block on them like that, and they felt clammy. That big block of paint doesn't breathe... So if it was me, I would try to show the logo using less paint.

I don't know if that makes sense... :laugh::cheers:

I fully agree, outlines only.

I understand what you guys are saying about the full print. I have never used tee spring before so I can't speak to their printing process. I have had over a thousand printed with the state of Kansas in white with the word "state" missing from the white block. The printer I use for these uses a very light printing process and it does not have an odd feel about it at all. I hope that tee spring would do the same but I won't know until we get an order of three so they will print it to see.

3 yrs ago the opener in Kansas a tank top would have been to much clothes at 10:00 am

I understand what you guys are saying about the full print. I have never used tee spring before so I can't speak to their printing process. I have had over a thousand printed with the state of Kansas in white with the word "state" missing from the white block. The printer I use for these uses a very light printing process and it does not have an odd feel about it at all. I hope that tee spring would do the same but I won't know until we get an order of three so they will print it to see.

3 yrs ago the opener in Kansas a tank top would have been to much clothes at 10:00 am

We should talk offline - I had a tenant rent from me in the past who's went on to likely build a $10-50 million dollar online business (check out gearbubble.com ) I dont know how far he's built gear bubble up revenue wise now, but when he rented from me he was making $10k's of $10k's a month at one point selling t-shirts/hoodies etc through T-spring via Facebook and other places -- when he left I found boxes of the stuff in a closet he had left behind. (Frankly he was successful enough I think he had forgotten he was paying me rent - he bought a house in Vegas and moved there and overlooked the auto debits coming from my property management software - I pushed the issue of him ending the lease since I really didnt like the idea of renting an empty house and having to worry about heat, mice, crap like that since he was never home and didnt care about the property anymore)

I've tried to study him quite a bit in what he's done I just suck on the design side.

Gearbubble, Teespring are just a handful of places you can get these shirts done -- I think on Gearbubble there is no min to sell before a campaign prints and there are other sites similar. PM me if it's something you think would be worth talking offline about or meeting up for a beer etc. My younger brother lives in Manhattan and I havent seen his new place yet. I just dont ever get up there since we have our 2 yo at home but another reason to visit will motivate me to take the drive. :cheers:

Back