Kansas Days

Spent the last day and a half in the fields with dad and my kids. They are 11, 9 and 7. We had a great time and I was grateful for the warmer weather. They were able to walk a lot and had some birds take off right in front of them. I thoroughly enjoyed watching that. We did have some luck, ended our trip with 10 roosters and a handful of quail. I'm sure we could've did better if my 3 noise makers weren't with me, but o well they had fun. They made me laugh the whole time. The pup did good and had several rooster points. Hunted dead good but I have some retrieving work to do. Always fun to be out. Good luck to all.

That's pretty good results for Kansas this year. Congrats. I miss the days of taking my kids out. They are 22 and 24 now, and not spending as much time chasing birds with me as I would prefer.

Great report. Im feeling fortunate as my adult son is wantingvto be in the fields or woods more pursuing game. He was an exceptional hockey player so we spent his youth traveling the region playing travel hockey, ibwas lucky enough to be a coach. Those were great times, but nothing like chasing birds.

Back