Just Moved to Wyoming

mgorm16640

Hello everyone

Family and I just moved to Worland Wy from Flagstaff AZ. Looking forward to getting into some bird hunting here. Was able to do some quail hunting there and have a good Brittany, and working on our Golden puppy, who seems like she will be a good duck dog. Anyway, excited to be here and looking forward to first hunting season.

Hi, I'm a newbie on the forum myself, but WELCOME. I live down in Colorado and I know from my fishing explorations into the Bighorns, that there are grouse up there, which is a great early season adventure. parking at Forest Service trailheads and walking up to lakes, Grouse will flush along the trail. As far as Pheasants go, I know that there is a WG&F rearing unit near Sheridan and I think they release birds on both sides of the Big Horns. Not wild birds, to be sure, but I would contact WG&F to see where birds are released in your area. Gotta love Wyoming !

Hey thanks and welcome to the site as well. Seems like a great resource, don't know why it took me so long to find it. I appreciate the info, sounds like a great day. Hunt your way to a lake, shore lunch of birds and fish and hunt back to the truck.

Welcome to the site mgorm16640 hope u enjoy the forums & the new home state... I love Wyoming hunted spring turkey there the last 3 years 100% success in WY gotta love that there is so much to do come hunting season in WY I think u will be more then happy with the cowboy state...

Hi, I'm a newbie on the forum myself, but WELCOME. I live down in Colorado and I know from my fishing explorations into the Bighorns, that there are grouse up there, which is a great early season adventure. parking at Forest Service trailheads and walking up to lakes, Grouse will flush along the trail. As far as Pheasants go, I know that there is a WG&F rearing unit near Sheridan and I think they release birds on both sides of the Big Horns. Not wild birds, to be sure, but I would contact WG&F to see where birds are released in your area. Gotta love Wyoming !

Very cool big horn mtn comment I've been researching that area of WY for a little while just curious on what grouse u are seeing most up there??? Ruffed grouse or blue grouse I've shot plenty ruffed & spruce grouse in my time very much want to chase blue grouse up in the big horns & can chase some sharptail & sage grouse in foothills & sage flats... Game rich WY is...

Hey there, Sounds like you have had some good times hunting here. I think WY is going to be great, hunting opportunities are almost overwhelming. Real happy to have that problem. I have some family in Wisconsin and they are always chasing grouse. I have heard some good things about MN as well.

Hey there, Sounds like you have had some good times hunting here. I think WY is going to be great, hunting opportunities are almost overwhelming. Real happy to have that problem. I have some family in Wisconsin and they are always chasing grouse. I have heard some good things about MN as well.

Oh yes ruffed grouse & MN go hand & hand walleyes also... Lol MN harvests more ruffed grouse then any other state hands down... We also have prairie chickens sharptails & spruce grouse plus some bonus Hungarian partridge every now and again if u put enuff miles on the ground.... Plus lots of pheasants...

Yes my plans for WY were to upland bird hunt the end of sept. & rifle antelope hunt 1st part of Oct. But my dad has some more medical issues so have to put nurse hat on again & hold off on the WY adventure this year...

Elk mule/whitetail deer antelope upland game birds of all sorts plus waterfowl & predator hunting yes WY can be overwhelming come hunting season... Plus turkeys & fishing great state...

P.S. I'd rather hunt turkeys in WY black hills over SD black hills any day I like it much more on the WY side of the hills... Seen a mtn lion there this spring... Cousin seen 1 last year... Lol

Back