It's all in the timing

SDJIM

Have waited years to decide to get a bird dog--this is the year (summer) and guess what--I now have a pair of pigeons building a nest in the 40 x100 ft loafing barn--it's a sign I tell ya.:D :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see pics of the pup Jim, you'll have no problem putting a bunch of birds in front of it's nose.:cheers:

I hope it's not going to be hard to find a bird or two to help in the training of her---I can't talk to you about being dry but we are finally getting a little rain--it was dry ,really dry for here in March--sure am glad I did the dugout clean up now. Starting to see quite a few roosters---dumb things stand right in the middle of the road crowing, quite the change from the super wary smart birds of fall to this--so I guess nests will be next then chicks--lots and lots of chicks I hope. Winter was really warm and no serious snow so we should have a really good carry over of breeding birds--now if ma nature will just be normal we could have a increase of pheasants this fall. Good luck in California this year sure hope it starts to rain out there--you need it bad.

Jim: And what breed of dog have you selected? Just curious...good luck with your new pup.

I'm thinking it might be a slight indicator of the degree of your anticipation of the new pup when you see two pigeons in a barn as a sign of Fate encouraging your selection and training of a the world's most wonderful bird dog puppy.

'Course, I could be wrong. :D

Best wishes.:thumbsup:

jonnyB -- I have picked an English Setter from BeirlSetters.

Chad--I hope she is a good trainer--I do look forward to the experience.

Last edited:
Youll have a ball Jim!.. You didnt miss anything on the fishing. In fact, I wished I was at my grand daughters instead of fishing on Friday. :)

Hey Jim...English Setter is a good choice - my good friend has a two-yr old Setter. She's a female and "creeps" when the bird is on the move - kind of cat-like. Fun to watch as she lifts her legs high and creeps like a female lion on the prowl.

Enjoy your new friend, Jim.

Jim - that's fantastic! Congrats to you on deciding on a new best buddy! And that pup won't have any idea, at least at first, just how lucky he is.... :thumbsup:

Good news Jim, and good choice.
I recommend however at least. :) A Queen size bed for the three of you, Yeah? King is better.
Pics soon. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing you and your new setter pup. You KNOW I think you made a wise choice! I had a call from Sadie's breeder and there is a litter of pups right now from Sadie's full brother and another bitch. Had thirteen pups in the litter! 4 males and 8 females! one pup was born stillborne. I have wanted to breed Sadie but thoughts of a huge litter kinda turn me off. LOL Anybody interested in a pup let me know and I'll supply a phone #. They 're in North GA. probably not supposed to say a price and this much might be too much even. Mods delete please if it is.

Back