Info for Chamberlain

BirdyBlackDog

I am planning a trip to South Dakota this fall for the week of October 25th. I am reaching out to you guys today in hopes of being pointed in the right direction.
A little about our group. I have a party of six guys that are committed, but that number may jump to ten. Most likely it will be eight. For the most part, we are a group of fathers and sons, with ages ranging from 73 to a guy in his early 20?s with a majority of the guys in their 30?s-40?s. Due to age and dexterity of the eldest gentleman, driving and posting with blockers is our hunting method of choice.
We will have three flushing labs who are mainly waterfowl dogs but have proven to hold their own on roosters. Unfortunately, none of which are in their prime.
Most of us have been to SD to experience the pheasant hunt but a few will be newcomers. Most of our SD hunting experience has been in the Huron and Wessington Springs areas. We are looking to make this our annual trip.
We are staying at a place in Chamberlain, so lodging is not needed. Also, since we are driving, no transportation is needed either. Ideally, we are looking for private farms/land to hunt on a cost-per-gun, per day basis. Meals are not necessary either, however, an option for a tailgate lunch would be considered. Also, we?d like to have the option for a guide/dogs to be available in case our pooches get pooped out. We would like to hunt four days, Monday thru Thursday.
Given all of the above information, can you point me in the right direction? Thanks for your help, it is truly appreciated!

You might start by checking the "hunting directory" on this site - some may have openings for that date.

Also, Google" SD pheasant hunting;" you'll find several listed with web sites.

I'm sure you are aware that Chamberlain is one of the most popular hunting destinations in the state and the date you have selected is also very popular. Finding a facility that has openings may be a challenge!

Good Luck.

lots of hunting besides Chamberlain.......Miller, Redfield, Faulkton, Gettysberg, are all good areas.

david0311

XXXXX-10 --U-Guide and flexability your best bet by far--beware of some that you may contact bragging about having --500--1000--5000 acres ect, only to fine out its all plowed black ect, --good luck--:cheers:

Back