In the field with my daughters today

gettinbirdie

My daughters are on their Xmas break from school. They have never been quail hunting with a dog and kept expressing an interest yesterday. I asked my wife if she would like a kitchen pass, I'll take the girls hunting with our dog Lilly. I'm not sure who was more excited , me or them! We got the truck loaded, junk food, brkfst items and lots of clothes as it was going to be really cold in the rolling plains. We finally arrived to the ranch 5 hrs later. It was 20 degrees out and lightly snowing. I got them situated with some popcorn and a movie in our cabin. We slept in till 8 am. I made a big breakfast with hot cocoa- they were in paradise! We put Lilly on the ground at 930. I went over " what to expect" and what they need to do at the moment of truth. I gave my oldest daughter my 20 ga 391. She shoots it well when we have dove hunted together. It was a high of 26 for the day, not sure how they'll hold up walking into the wind in this weather. I couldn`t be more proud that they wanted to join me and they were troopers in this weather! Lilly went on to point 7 covies and 15 singles in the 3 hours that we ran her. Poor Chloe almost went through a box of shells before connecting with her first quail! All the girls would talk about on the ride home is when I'm going to go back out , cause they want to go! They had so much fun - I couldn't have asked for more!:thumbsup:

I've been having issues posting my pictures from photobucket?!
anyway, here is a couple of pictures with Lilly and my girls.
20171227_093515.jpg

20171227_133149-2.jpg

I hope everyone has had a great holiday season so far!

Back