In search of female lab to breed.

Dennis Williams

I have a male yellow lab that I would like to breed. He is registered with the AKC, SR56511206. Some friends have been breeding a line of labs for the last 20 years. They would like to continue the line with my dog. They did not field trial these dogs, they just use them for hunting. There are Field Champions several generations back but not recently. We are looking for a good female. We have 5 people that would want a pup.

My dogs name is Blue. We pheasant hunt about 30 days a year, duck hunt 4 days and grouse hunt about 5. He weighs 65 lbs, yellow, 8 years old. Without bragging, I will say this dog can hunt. He is smart, hunts hard all day, trainable, great with kids and he points some. He was just at the vet and has a clean bill of health. (For some reason I can not add a photo to this post. Will send photos if requested) We would be looking to have pups next spring. There are a lot more details to iron out,costs, etc. This is just to see if there is any interest. Please call or email.

Thanks.

Dennis Williams
Apple Valley, MN
952-432-2803
dennisjrwilliams@gmail.com

View attachment 5496

Have you had your dog's hips OFA'd? This should be done on both the sire and dam. Eyes should also be tested. Without doing these tests you could be passing on some bad genes in the breeding.

Have you had your dog's hips OFA'd? This should be done on both the sire and dam. Eyes should also be tested. Without doing these tests you could be passing on some bad genes in the breeding.

I agree with Zeb! Most reputable breeders won't even talk to you until you have those health clearances done. Go to a local lab breeder and ask them what they require before they breed their dogs. They will usually give you a list of things to get checked and certified before you should breed. Some of the genetics might be in your dog that you don't know about and if you breed with another dog that is a carrier, like in a skin disorder now you have pups with skin issues. Lots to think about and watch for before you put two "good" dogs together. PM me if you want more specific details.

Back