ILDNR Controled pheasant hunting

1pheas4

I believe the permit process for ILDNR controlled site/pheasant hunting is still going if anyone is interested. Check out the link below.

https://dnr.illinois.gov/pheasanthunt/lottery2applicationselection.aspx

There's a free permit for hunting upland birds on Pheasant Habitat Areas too. This process is a lottery though. After a few years of trying I pulled a permit (last season). Had a blast chasing wild birds on PHA! Can't hurt to apply. Good luck:)

Nick

still dogless for the time being :( or I should say my big meatball is retired.
getting close :)

I'll get you out. I still have one up-and-running.:). You still looking at getting a springer?

Nick

I'll get you out. I still have one up-and-running.:). You still looking at getting a springer?

Nick

Yes, got the feelers out to a few. If the right pooch came along tomorrow I'd grab it. Im totally serious when I say smaller size is a major factor! I'll bring my meatball by your shop and youll understand- immediately!!

Yes, got the feelers out to a few. If the right pooch came along tomorrow I'd grab it. Im totally serious when I say smaller size is a major factor! I'll bring my meatball by your shop and youll understand- immediately!!

Ya. Bring by the shop next week if you have a chance. Any day but Monday is good:thumbsup:

Got an email today; I pulled a permit for a ILDNR PHA site in December!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyone else receiving some good news?

Nick

I didn't land a free permit, even though I left no selections blank. But I did pick up a controlled hunt the first week of November. Can't wait to let Mia get after some birds.

My oldest son and I both got permits, this is the first year we applied for anything we usually go to Clinton Lake SRA or Moraine View so this will be interesting to see what's left our dates are in December so we will find out.

Welcome to the site Hometown. This permit you pulled, is it the free permit/wild birds or controlled hunt permit?

Nick

Got an email today; I pulled a permit for a ILDNR PHA site in December!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyone else receiving some good news?

Nick

Congratulations, Nick.

Now, we need a video and still photo continuing narrative, maybe with a voice over by some accredited news broadcaster. Then, brief bio background on the dog(s), even briefer on you, some shots of the terrain...have to get a permit for the drone camera...then shots with the drone of the dog popping a bird. the bird struggling for altitude, and then a wide shot of you bringing the gun up and nailing the bird, so it cartwheels down...and we can see the dog racing to it for the retrieve.

Then a brief history of the art of game bird hunting, and on to the interview.

No background music this time, but maybe a post-hunt interview in a restaurant with handsome waitresses, and steaming coffee.

Next year, we go National. :thumbsup:

:D:D

The permits my oldest and myself got were PHA permits, my youngest has a youth permit for controlled area at Moraine view and we may put in for another there depending on days off and breaks from school.

Congratulations, Nick.

Now, we need a video and still photo continuing narrative, maybe with a voice over by some accredited news broadcaster. Then, brief bio background on the dog(s), even briefer on you, some shots of the terrain...have to get a permit for the drone camera...then shots with the drone of the dog popping a bird. the bird struggling for altitude, and then a wide shot of you bringing the gun up and nailing the bird, so it cartwheels down...and we can see the dog racing to it for the retrieve.

Then a brief history of the art of game bird hunting, and on to the interview.

No background music this time, but maybe a post-hunt interview in a restaurant with handsome waitresses, and steaming coffee.

Next year, we go National. :thumbsup:

:D:D

LOl...Bill, your theater side is coming out in that one!

Hometown, that's great news. Those PHA's are nice. They typically don't have a lot of pressure. Even in December they still hold good bird numbers. People pull permits for PHA's, but often life happens and they can't make the date so it goes un-hunted.

Good luck and let us know how you do out there.

Nick

:)I pulled a permit for a PHA site in Lee County. It will be a late season hunt which is fine.

Anyone else having any luck with PHA permits?

Nick

Sandprairie, I texted a friend earlier today to see if he wanted to come along. If he can't make it you're welcome to tag along if you'd like;).

Nick

Sounds good. I have to get back to work so I'll respond later this evening okay?

Nick

Out at Kankakee. I know it's a workday, but wow - nobody here. 3 reservations and a couple standby. No more than 8 people checked in here at 8:30.

If this keeps up the controlled pheasant hunts are going to be a thing of the past pretty quick. It's been lower numbers for a few years since the price hike, but it is really dying this year.

Yesterday was the shotgun deer opener:). That may have something to do with it.

Back