IL griffon greenhorn

Hello all! I'm happy to have found this place. I looked around for a few days before I decided, what the hell, just join. I live in northern Illinois and recently welcomed home by first bird dog, a female griffon. Shes about 16 weeks now and growing fast and I'm hoping to get her on some birds this fall.

I, myself, am just about 30 and have been bowhunting since I left home after high school. I started chasing turkeys with a bow a few years ago, without nothing to show for it yet, and have decided to get into upland and waterfowl hunting this year. I've always had an interest in bird hunting so I just went for it and got a dog. Work has been a bit hectic this spring/summer so I have been conditioning the little things (whoa, sit, heel, a bit of fetching) and have been keeping it light. I think I will be pursuing the help of a NAVHDA chapter to get her (and me) in the hunting mindset.

Thanks for having me and I hope to learn plenty here at UPH.

Pete

Welcome to the site Sandprairie. I wish you luck with your new pooch:thumbsup: Keep us informed on how things go. As always, if you have any questions, just ask:). There's a lot of know-how floating around here.

Nick:cheers:

Back