idiots the lot of them...

Hobie1026

Just a heads up, if your plans involve hunting on any federal land, they are closed until our wonderful .gov re-opens. No national forests, no nwr's, no wpa,'s.

Check out dept of interior.gov or fish and game.gov websites for specifics and their contingency plan.

I'm still going to hunt wpa's if they are still shut down next Saturday. Its utter BS! Just a darn joke if you ask me. What's are they going to do write me a ticket? Its un manned land that PF,DU NTF and many other organizations and private citizens enrolled in to a government program. Its our land not the governments we all pay for it.

I'm still going to hunt wpa's if they are still shut down next Saturday. Its utter BS! Just a darn joke if you ask me. What's are they going to do write me a ticket? Its un manned land that PF,DU NTF and many other organizations and private citizens enrolled in to a government program. Its our land not the governments we all pay for it.

Damn right.

I live a short drive from literally millions of acres of national forrest. For them to say it is closed is laughable. There's no way they could close all the access roads up there.

I look forward to the challenge of someone trying to keep me off federal/public land...I should start trainging my dogs to hunt govt officials ;)

I look forward to the challenge of someone trying to keep me off federal/public land...I should start trainging my dogs to hunt govt officials ;)

Now that's the spirit:thumbsup:

In all seriousness, it is laughable QH! I've got a lot to say on the matter, but sometimes it's best to keep my thoughts to myself. In sum, this is crap. They work for us and that land is all of ours'.

All of this political posturing is BS. I caution you as in some cases they are playing hard ball.

Anyone who sets foot on national forest lands when they are closed to the public can be charged with trespass. The penalties for this include fines and imprisonment for up to six months.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/list_6455738_federal-criminal-trespassing-laws.html#ixzz2gnHwekbT

Now if you add a Firearm to the tresspass equation your situation could go South Fast! Could be the most expensive bird you ever hunted.

Please don't break the law guys:) It's BS like OKIE said but you won't win. Some DNR agents are dummer then are congressmen and that takes alot:D

Here is what the sign looks like. So who did they have drive around put all these up what did that cost? How about when they take them down? Coot and OKIE I do get were you care coming form but at what point do you take a stand? I understand National parks were they have staff but not WPA's.

I understand National parks were they have staff but not WPA's.

I don't get that either. The federal Fish and Wildlife law enforcement agents are still working so where's the problem with allowing people to hunt, hike, camp, etc:confused:

Bingo!!!! "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" leadership & maturity . . .

There is almost 21million acres of national forest in Ca, not to mention other federal lands here. How exactly do you "close" that much land?

What more would you expect from a Chicago gang banger. Vote them out all of them next election. And, I am going, I dont give a rip. This might just start Civil war 2. Absolutely ridiculous. "WE" own the land, not The feds.....

Last edited:
I also will NOT vote for an incumbent during future elections. They should all be fired & the first funding that should have been cut was their pay, from the top to both houses.

With bird numbers down this just may be what the pheasants need! Lol

God works in mysterious ways.

At least in Montana, Forest Service and BLM lands are open (unless they have a gate like campgrounds, rental cabins, etc). FWS lands are closed, I understand refuges that have gates and offices, etc., I don't understand WPAs other than trying to get people's attention. Keep in mind that congress shut the govt down not govt employees.

Back