Ice fishing help

GPowers

I'm planning on heading over to the Waubay area to fish some perch and walleye, or whatever is biting.:D

never fished the area before and could use some help. I'm thinking Bitter and waubay for a few days. I hunted that area this fall and liked the looks of the lakes in the area.

Please send me a P.M if you can help me out, it's a lot of water and I could use some tips!

The best advice I could give you, is to have some sort of depthfinde/gps and a Dakotas Lakemaster mapping chip..

got it

Thanks guys, I'm set on electronics and gear..... I think I'm heading over weds night or thursday morning. Should be fun! I will just hit the bait store and hope they can tell me which lake and which end of the lake, to save me some searching time. Can't wait to punch a bunch of holes and find some perch! Would love to get a meals worth to bring home for the kids, they have been bugging me to keep some fish. :D

Fishing was slow for us and it looked that way for the 100's of others that were fishing on Bitter lake. Friday was a nice day and people were out moving, looking for a bite. We caught some thursday afternoon when we go there, but friday wasnt very good. I punched 100's of holes and just couldnt find the bigger fish.
Had fun and would love to go when the bite is "on", we did get a few big ones, a 13"er was our best and we got a couple of bonus walleye in that 17" range. Stayed right at the Sportsmans Cove in Webster and got great info fom Doug. I would stay there again in a second! Doug tried as hard as he could to get us on a good bite! Thanks Doug....

Don't know what it was about Friday, but nobody caught much from the 81 Ponds to Waubay. Weds and Thurs were good, but I only caught a bunch of dinks on the same spot on Thompson.

Back