I need an E-collar repaired

I have a Sportdog 1850 that I need to have the transmitter repaired. Does anyone have any suggestions where to go? Collar Clinic doesn't work on Sportdogs. The button is broken and it shocks the dog as I move around.

The model has been discontinued. They said they don't have parts. They are willing to sell me another setup like mine with the new model for $614.

:eek: 2 solutions--Tri-Tronics or Dog-Tra :cheers:

I'll second that! If you had either of those brands you wouldn't be left "holding the bag" now.

Why don't you crack it open and see what it looks like. Might be a broken solder...bet a small computer guy would fix it.

david0311

Why don't you crack it open and see what it looks like. Might be a broken solder...bet a small computer guy would fix it.

:thumbsup:Yep-agree with this--suggest about a 16lb sledge or splitting mall for cracking it open --then refer to previous post regarding Tri-Tronic or Dog-Tra:rolleyes:;);)

Seriously---

I have also taken my electronics to a music store that repairs high end band and sound equipment with very good result with for repair-rewiring-soddering etc.if you want to try that

good luck:)

Strange world, isn't it? I've yet to have a lick of trouble with either of my Sportdog collars, but had so much with my last Tritronics' collar that I got tired of sending it back. They had it more than I did. Unfortunate about your collar. Sportdog didn't/wouldn't offer you any kind of deal? That would tend to irritate me & would likely end my relationship with them, also.

You maybe able to find the parts at a radio shack. They may have some one who can fix it for you too.

Sorry to hear. This thread alone, being on a popular pheasant forum, probably cost Sportdog more than just having helped you appropriately in the first place...

Sportdog did offer me a 20% discount, but that still comes up to about $614. I am hard on equipment. I have 2 dogs. I like to have an extra collar and an extra transmitter with me when I go on long hunts. The $614 will cover 2 transmitters and 2 collars.

I am not dead in the water right now. I am using my beatup backup transmitter, but it is so used up that I can't really feel the clicks when I rotate the wheel for stimulation settings. It doesn't have much life left in it.

I did crack it open when it first broke. The issue is the shock button. The button has a spring within it that has broken so the button just rattles around and continually makes contact which shocks the dog. My dog was acting like a boot licker while in Kansas this past season and I finally noticed the light on her collar kept lighting up.

Where could I find someone who could replace the button on the circuit board?

You have to find the button? Maybe a flashlight modder. Post it on candlepower forums. Those guys are crazy about projects.
How is the radio frequency set on sportdogs. You might contact sportdog and see if they could change the frequency on one. It might be easier to find a used one and send it in and have the frequency changed to match what you have. Make them do it for free!:mad:...:)

Here is a picture of the circuit board. The arrow on the right points to the button that needs to be replaced.

sportdog_zps4896f887.jpg

david0311

Here is a picture of the circuit board. The arrow on the right points to the button that needs to be replaced.

sportdog_zps4896f887.jpg

:coolpics: Note arrow----apply hammer there--:eek:

- See post 4--5--6--7--9--

Not worth screwing with--especially after what it did to your dog--would never trust it again--JMO

Good luck-

I dont live too terribly far from sport dog factory (a division of pet safe inc.) I hat to have some work done to my 1850. Had it for 3 yrs and used it hard. They fixed me right up and acted happy to do it. They did tell me then that they were no longer gonna make or service the 1850 by the end of that year. I bought another and am still using it.

:eek: 2 solutions--Tri-Tronics or Dog-Tra :cheers:

3X

Collar Clinic is located right here in Traverse City. Top notch operation all around. They have a large supply of parts and expert service on TT and DT.
There is a reason those are the #1 and #2 selling brands of e-collars.

NB

3X

Collar Clinic is located right here in Traverse City. Top notch operation all around. They have a large supply of parts and expert service on TT and DT.
There is a reason those are the #1 and #2 selling brands of e-collars.

NB

TT and DT? Natty, did you mean TT and Dogtra or DT Systems?

Back