reddog

Sportsmans paradise!

DSCN0044.JPG

DSCN0045.JPG

DSCN0049.JPG

DSCN0061.JPG

DSCN0054223.JPG

DSCN005623.JPG

I truly think it was a state record at the time my wife caught it. It was 21 long is all we know. We released it right after taking the photo.

Here is a picture of the current SD state record Smallmouth, that was caught on a different lake about 3 weeks after my wifes catch.

http://www.tonydean.com/photopages/tonydean/photos/12486.html

At the time of my wifes catch, the record was 6lbs 2 oz..

I dont think the current record fish has anything on her fish we released.... but then again, talk like that is cheap, but I do know her fish is/was still swimming..

Nice pics, that's why I live there part of the year, maybe all year eventually.

I'm not a fisherman but that's the biggest smallmouth i have ever seen.This state rocks!

great pics, was this all in one trip to SD? Nice smallmouth, reminds me of Dale Hollow smallies!

The pheasants and the walleyes were from the same day, about 40 miles apart...

The rest of the photos are from my digital album.

This smallmouth was caught from the same spot as my wifes, about an hour and a half later... It was actually 3/8" longer than my wifes fish, but wasnt nearly as girthy.

P1010113.JPG

P1010114.JPG

I'm so disappointed after reading in Dakota Country magazine this morning that the SDGFP Commission has rescinded the size restrictions on Lake Sharpe for the 2012 season..

Heres another photo of my wifes fish, just before releasing it..

P10101073.JPG

april_2011_1443.jpg

Very very nice. When I see photos like yours I'm reminded of the beatuy of this world and the awesome nature of the game we love to pursue.

On top of it, what a day. Pheasants/Walleyes/smallies in one day!

Great job. Thanks for sharing.;)

No Smallies, just pheasants and eyes two weeks ago.

Heres the view from our patio

ice%20on%20river%20from%20deck.jpg

Another favorite:

deer-geese2.jpg

white%20canada.jpg

I used to hunt these guys alot, but the mange and the coyotes have pretty much decimated the population. If there ever was an animal that got a bad rap, it was vulpes vuples.. I killed more than one man ever should, but they will always hold a soft spot in my heart. One of Gods greatest creatures..

reddog.jpg

I love the solitude of the state! Theres not many times you can have 90 miles of river all to your self, but it happens here alot..
P1010065.JPG

The reason we're all here. Lets hope the strong pheasant hunting heritage continues in South Dakota for those that follow..

IMG_6573.JPG

Back