Huron, SD Trip

RugerBirdDog

Heading up from Nebraska for a 3 day hunt. Hunted SW NE opening weekend - 5 hunters 28 birds with tons of corn up! Saw hundreds of bird Saturday/Sunday. Going to be a gold mine come end of harvest.

Hunted SE NE around Lincoln with 2 other guys. Saw 20-25 pheasants, got 3 roosters up within shooting range and would've taken all 3 if my gun hadn't jammed. Birds were running like crazy and a lot were getting up at the end of a walk w/ no blockers. Crazy amount of birds for the second weekend for around there. Also kicked up 3 different covey of quail - took 15 quail. Good weekend there.

Will keep an update of our trip to Huron. Will be all private ground on a farmer's land we know and there will be 4 of us with one dog - Lab named Ruger! Went 2 years ago for same time period and got 18 birds - with numbers up I expect to limit out each day! :) After reading these posts and seeing the PPM reports I'm getting pretty giddy!

Good luck all! :cheers:

Are you still looking for hunters?

Have a highly seasoned Golden (4yr). Coming from Minneapolis...

Let me know, OK?

JOn

No ground. Used to hunt extensively north and west of Huron, around Miller - for 15 years until the farm(s) went away.

Would consider a trip, if I can hunt three day's...

Jon

Back