Huron and Mitchell dog friendly motels

labsrule

Have a extended trip planned for first year of retirement. Need lodging for my dog and I in Mitchell and Huron any advice would be greatly appreciated. Best of luck this year to all of you .

I have stayed with my dog at the Kelly Inn. It’s pretty nice and an easy place to have a dog. Ground floor rooms with outside doors are available. Hope your trip goes well and enjoy your time in the field. My dog is really sick and I’m not sure I will be able to go.

Sorry I forgot to mention that the Kelly Inn is in Mitchell. Close to Cabela’s and across the street from Culver’s.

It really depends what your standards are. Almost every place in Mitchell takes dogs. Ive stayed at Kelly Inn and Ive stayed in the worst too. The prices have really gone up the past few years but go down every month of the season. Dec and Jan will be lower

We have stayed at the super delux in Desmet for a few years and like the place about 120.00 with my dog. 150.00 is fine if it’s better accommodations though. Someone mentioned the Kelly inn and Thunderbird lodge. checking today on availability.other suggestions welcome. Thanks

I'm going out to that area starting Nov 9 for a week. I looked at lodging options and found a Cabin in Plankinton, 20 miles or so east of Mitchell. Two queen beds, mini-fridge, microwave and dogs can stay inside. They also have a place for bird cleaning with a freezer. $75/night.
Never been there but it looks decent enough. (fingers crossed)

When are you planning on going?

I'm going out to that area starting Nov 9 for a week. I looked at lodging options and found a Cabin in Plankinton, 20 miles or so east of Mitchell. Two queen beds, mini-fridge, microwave and dogs can stay inside. They also have a place for bird cleaning with a freezer. $75/night.
Never been there but it looks decent enough. (fingers crossed)

When are you planning on going?
Tom, can you provide any info/link to the cabin? Looking to go to Mitchell area in a couple weeks if the weather is okay.

Tom, can you provide any info/link to the cabin? Looking to go to Mitchell area in a couple weeks if the weather is okay.
The website is http://www.hills-rv.com/
I was there with my dog for 8 nights and thought it was a decent place for the money. The cabins are set up with two queen beds and but with two men and a couple of dogs it would be too tight for me if planning on staying for a while. They have another option they call "The White House" which is a lot bigger. i'm sure costs more but I'd consider it next time if the price was reasonable.
There are a couple of decent eating places in town and the gas station right across the street does a cook to order breakfast.
I'd consider staying there again.

All that aside, I don't think they stayed open much after early December. They mentioned the cost of hearing the cabins and the water system. There is also a motel right at that exit. They seemed to be full all the time I was there but don't know any more about it.
Hit me up if you want anymore info. I'm hoping for a late Jan trip back if the reports are decent. BTY, where are you coming from?

Tom

Back