hunting?

DwainV

First off i live in New Mexico and my family and i are set on planning a vacation next year on a out of state to upland hunt on public lands in another state??? I just dont know where to go i would like to hunt huns or chukar maybe even mountain quail does anybody have any ideas? I would be the only one hunting most likely and i have my own black lab. The reason i ask is cause i have never hunted out of state so where do i start? Thanks DwainV

We hunt scaled quail,dove,pheasant on a gun club but it is not to good. Dove and quail is mostly what i hunt.

Depends....

How much do you like driving? If you hit California you could get on BLM land for California Quail and Chukar, then head north to the Sierras for Mountain quail. I know there are pheasants in California but if you can find any on public land I couldn't tell you. The California regional forum could help with more specifics.

If you're set on huns you're looking mostly at northern prairies. Montana, North Dakota, or Canada.

Chukar is a rough venture anywhere. In California you could have a decent shot at a wild pheasant, outstanding Ca quail and a good mountain quail hunting in relatively close proximity. If you're set on mountain quail California is your best option. If not I would head up to Montana for a mixed bag or Utah or Nevada for chukar.

First suggestion would be the Big Island of Hawaii. It's loaded with pheasant and other upland birds. Plus as a vacation spot everyone is going to enjoy it.

Perhaps Montana. Lot's of places to hunt and a varied list of upland birds.

First suggestion would be the Big Island of Hawaii. It's loaded with pheasant and other upland birds. Plus as a vacation spot everyone is going to enjoy it.

Perhaps Montana. Lot's of places to hunt and a varied list of upland birds.

thats the trip of upland hunting imo man i would love to go there ive heard great things there bird hunt in the morning and beach by noon thats mind kinda hunt right there!!!

Back