hunting in the rain

goldeneye

I went out this morning and found this guy Trespassing so Flint and I took care of that issue:)
20121215_094640.jpg

Then I decided to go run some swamps by the house. "I walked and fell through the ice Flint ran"
20121215_141934.jpg

I didn't see any Flushers out today? "Quail Hound"
20121215_141955.jpg

But we found another one hidding under a ceder tree
20121215_144925.jpg

Now we can have wild rice soup again:cheers:

Well done eye! Someday I'll get my springers up there and show you all how to hunt a swamp.:D Put an extra log in the fire to keep that pup warm and give him a treat for me.:cheers:

Come on over anytime we have lots of swamps around here. Can your dogs hunt if its not 70 and sunny?:D
(Sorry but days like this i'm jealous of you in Sunny Cali)

Come on over anytime we have lots of swamps around here. Can your dogs hunt if its not 70 and sunny?:D
(Sorry but days like this i'm jealous of you in Sunny Cali)

Yeah they can hold up. Coldest we've hunted was about 10 degrees up in the high country looking for mtn quail on the snow line. Don't be jealous though as its getting harder and harder to afford the sun shine and I know you aren't jealous of the 110 degree summer days.:thumbsup:

Nice job Lee, great pics as always. Give Flint a couple extra pets from me and tell him good job.

OP

Nice bird lee :thumbsup: I made it out yesterday not far from my house the pup pointed one hen and we kicked a Rooster out of a try line he kept flying to :eek:

well done! I hunted yesterday in the rain for 5 hours and it sukt big time!
It's so hard to believe we havent had a trace of snow yet and its 50 degrees. Im so tired of this.
The only people happy about it are the newscasters who all but jump up and down because its not snowing.

Back