hows the notrh central hunting ????

Well new to the forum, but have hunted north central Iowa Years back when things where good.

Got the itch and plan on heading out in the morning will be there Saturday by mid day. Well wanted to get some snow but Looks like it will be bare this coming week.

been 4-5 years since i been there. going to hunt about 1/2 public and 1/2 private .

How you guys doing out there looking at hancock and cerro Gordo county

Never hunted in that part of the state, but would imagine you would get some birds if you have good private ground to hunt and hunt hard.

I'm taking my wife's cousin out on Saturday but not sure where yet, probably somewhere up north. Have a Thanksgiving dinner at 1pm so I won't be able to hunt to long. You should do well up in the two counties you are talking about if you can find some good cover.

Union Hills is a good public spot to try up north. I haven't been up there yet this year but when we go, we always manage to find a couple birds. Good luck!

Union has been kinda weak this year. Maybe the word got out....who knows. You will find birds if you put the work in. I would not hunt anything close to 35.....especially this weekend.

Saturdays hunt

I'm taking my wife's cousin out on Saturday but not sure where yet, probably somewhere up north. Have a Thanksgiving dinner at 1pm so I won't be able to hunt to long. You should do well up in the two counties you are talking about if you can find some good cover.

Union Hills is a good public spot to try up north. I haven't been up there yet this year but when we go, we always manage to find a couple birds. Good luck!

We decided to stay close to home and hunted in warren county on Saturday morning. We ended up hunting with a guy I know and his friend so we had four people and four dogs on the ground. Hunted from 8:00 to about 12:00 and saw about 10-12 hens and 1 rooster that flew away. It was a good day to be out on Saturday (a little warm 55 degrees). I hope to head NW or out to South Dakota for my first trip out there soon. How did everyone else do that went out?

Back