How was everyone's 3 day weekend

duckn66

Well, if not a 3 day then 2 day. Made another trip west and managed a few phez. Sad that the seasons end is near. Seems like it just started. The older one gets the faster they go.

I think this Saturday will be devoted to quail hunting then maybe try to kill some ducks on Sunday. Last weekend of the month I'll head back west again then it will be done until November.

Kinda bummed about it this year. Maybe more than any other year.

Don't remind me that season is almost over! But... after this we still have 2 weeks of goose season, then ice out and crappie/walleye fishing starts.. then mushroom/turkey. Lots to keep us busy til fall again!

I've had a pretty good season. Hunt kill count on quail is 119, last year was 125 so I think I'll end up ahead of last year. 6 roosters so far vs 10 last season. I feel like I have seen more phez this year overall but I did notice that where I hunted in SW was significantly down, to the point where I only saw 1 bird (all private ground). Maybe it was just where I was hunting who knows.

Don't be bummed! You can watch some of my YouTube videos to help get you through the summer haha. Next season will be here before you know it!

I have plenty to keep me busy. Retriever training and hunt tests spring and fall. Hoping she can get her HRCH before next season. I'll have a new pup hopefully this spring if the bitch ever comes in. Should be a really nice breeding if it happens. Sire will FC Chupicabra who ran in the open this last year. He's one of the hottest dogs around right now.

I have plenty to keep me busy. Retriever training and hunt tests spring and fall. Hoping she can get her HRCH before next season. I'll have a new pup hopefully this spring if the bitch ever comes in. Should be a really nice breeding if it happens. Sire will FC Chupicabra who ran in the open this last year. He's one of the hottest dogs around right now.

what breed?

Back