How many will brave the first w/e of rifle season??

For the most part, I like to avoid the pheasant fields when the rifle hunters are out. I know many of you feel the same way.

But what if it snows?

I dont go out during opening weekend of rifle season. Went around clinton lake a couple years ago and there was truck parked every quarter mile. Little too dangerous for me. I woulod probably go if I was out west but not out here neat KC. Just way too many people in limited areas

I will be out deer hunting unless I tag out before Saturday.:D Still have a buck tag to fill, ya know.:thumbsup:

I use to hunt north west around Stockton Ks many a year agoa, seamed I ended up there late during deer season.Never had much trouble with most of them hunt from PU lol. But was easy'r to hunt private land after the deer season. Always wondered why I was the only pheasant huntr , dumb me . Sometimes I would have several guys fallowing me around to see if I would chase em a deer out. I may go late in the deer season this year. Dave

Will be hunting deer this weekend in NE KS with the boy . Then next week will go west for a Deer & Rooster combo with the boy. He wants to shot his first deer and rooster in the same year:thumbsup: We got the rooster now we got to get his buck!

If it fly's it dies and if it is brown it goes down!

Good Luck & Be Safe.

Kick

Good luck to your son in his quest to put a biggun' on the ground and in the freezer:cheers:

Good luck to you too Toad!!

I won't pass up the opportunity to hunt in the first snow. If any of my favorite CRP WIHA's are w/o deer hunters, I might stop and hunt. Otherwise, I'll just stay on private land.

Roosterbuck,

I wouldn't dare hunt public land on this side of the state during rifle season:eek: I'll go hunt the flat lands where I can see for miles.

I usually don't hunt during rifle season but if it snows I might be tempted to go. If it does snow I will only hunt family ground that I know no one will be deer hunting on. Too many people crazy about horns and careless for me.

Blaze orange, blaze orange, and more blaze orange.

Good luck to your son in his quest to put a biggun' on the ground and in the freezer:cheers:

Thanks KB,

I will look like Charlie Brown's great pumpkin with the amount of orange I will be wearing.:eek:
I hope to locate some covey's when we push deer so I can hunt local birds after deer season.

I'll be deer hunting in Mulie territory. Found a couple good ones this past weekend and a really nice white tail buck.

One of them had already broken off a beam. Damn bastards always break their antlers where we go due to the high ratio of bucks to does. It sucks. Hoping the big uns dont break them by tomorrow and show themselves. If I dont see a nice one will try to eliminate a buck with crappy genetics and some does.

Big game hunting here is about who can hunt and drive the drunkest, gave it up and never looked back. Big game hunting here is like living in an inbreed colony where everyone is drunk and armed.

Big game hunting here is about who can hunt and drive the drunkest, gave it up and never looked back. Big game hunting here is like living in an inbreed colony where everyone is drunk and armed.

EEK, that last sentence should be your signature!!! LOL!!! Had to chuckle a bit when I read that, even though I am sure you were very serious!!!! If weather was for sure coming in, I would be there , deer hunters or not!!!!

I'll be hunkered down in my bunker drinking beer. No way would I go out pheasant hunting this time of year. Even if you are on private ground the retard who shoots at a deer the next mile section over who's bullet missed the running scared bambi knows no boundaries........

In my opinion it's not the first weekend you need to worry about it's the last weekend when folks that haven't filled their tags start taking questionable shots.:eek:

Back