How about those WSU Shockers!

duckn66

Undefeated. I know, I know, some say "well they haven't played anyone". And that may be hold some truth. But, they have dominated almost every team they have played this year. I think the last I heard is they win by an average of 15 pts per game.

When asked about teams on the schedule Marshal that's just how the cookie crumbled. Said it's tough to get the bigger D1 schools to play a mid major for various reasons.

I hope they do well in the tournament this year. The last 3 years they have been on fire.

WSU should do all they can to keep this coach around. I'm sure he will get some pretty good offers and probably already has recieved some.

They are good, they were good last year.
Nobody will want to play them early in the tournament :thumbsup:

They weren't very good for most of last night's game. I think they were a little full of themselves going into that game. Being favored by 17.5 points might have a way of making a person dismissive of their opponent. I'm just glad they won.

After the comment by Baker asking if I think it was if Florida won, that pretty much says at least he didn't have his entire mind on the game. They need to take it game by game and not look ahead like I think KU sometimes does.

Am I correct in saying the only other team undefeated was Memphis in 08?

I just hope they can stay focused in the tournament and play the type of basketball they have been playing.

I would also like to see them lose one just to get it out of the way. It will probably happen. They have a tough road game this weekend and they never play all that well in the Valley tournament. I don't care who you are it's tough to be a team three times in the same year. Hopefully they didn't peak too early.

The difference between this year and last, is they are not sneaking up on anyone this year. They will get everyone's best shot in the tournament this year. It is different when you are not playing from the underdog spot. I would be suprised if either Kansas or WSU are in it at the end.

The rebound and defend well. They don't let you see the floor. Right now they are going to get everyone's best game. As far as the comments about them being good this year and last year, you must not watch much basketball. They have been pretty solid for the last 8 years. They just don't get the media coverage. It is a shame that being ranked number 4 that they are televised more on ESPN. Always put them on ESPN 3. They also are not in one of the power conferences. It would be interesting to see how they would fare in the Big 12. I have a feeling quite well. While they are not quite on par with KU I think they would compete and have an advantage in head to head match ups with Kstate and the rest of the league.

Never understood why they don't get any local media coverage. The best (ranked) team in the state and only 2 hrs down the road from Topeka. The cjonline never even covered the last game in the paper. They put highschool games ahead of them. Sad.

WIBW has been covering them pretty well though.

Last year really got everyones attention. They darn near made the championship game too!

2 games away from a perfect season! They will move up to the number 2 spot come Tuesday.

Even if they lose in the first round of the tourney it's says alot to have a perfect season. In any conference.....

Man the shockers got a tough draw. Kentucky in rd 2 is tough. Then if they get by them they have Louisville with either Duke or Michigan after that. I think Kansas has a far easier draw. They get Embid back and they could get all the way to Florida in the elite 8. I don't think they can beat florida.

You're not kidding Carp. I've got Kentucky taking down the Shockers and KU losing to Florida in the Elite 8. Going to be a fun tourney. I'll be rooting for my Cyclones but have them losing to Virginia. It was great to see them win the Big XII tourney this past weekend though.

My predictions is that KU won't make it past the second game if that. WU has a shot. Last year they took down the number 1, Pittsburgh with no issues in their very first match, and rolled over everyone they played right up to the final four. And in that game they led most of it and was giving louisville fits the entire game.

And I know this is a different year with different teams but don't underestimate the Shockers. This year however I think all eyes may be on the Shockers.

I'm looking forward to some March madness! Right up until a KS team is no longer in it. LOL

My predictions is that KU won't make it past the second game if that. WU has a shot. Last year they took down the number 1, Pittsburgh with no issues in their very first match, and rolled over everyone they played right up to the final four. And in that game they led most of it and was giving louisville fits the entire game.

And I know this is a different year with different teams but don't underestimate the Shockers. This year however I think all eyes may be on the Shockers.

I'm looking forward to some March madness! Right up until a KS team is no longer in it. LOL

It is a whole different prospect playing from the 1 seed. They will get everybodies best shot. I would love to see the stats on how many career nights guy's had against KU over the years. Beating KU is a big deal. In all there road losses this year, only two games did fans not storm the court. Beating a #1 is a big deal. We will see how they fare. I do think either Kentucky or k-state could be a tough out in the second round. K-state will try to muddy it up and win a close one. Kentucky has the talent to blow them out. Being an 8 seed with that talent could be a great motivator.

Well looks like's the state of kansas is done. Was disappointed but not suprised by kansas. Tharpe has turned into a head case. Self really needs to figure out the point guard before next season. WSU was done in by an athletic kentucky team that played pretty well. Not really a suprise to me either. Baylor looked great against creighton.

Had Vanvleet not gotten into foul trouble it would have been a WSU win. But, both team played a heck of a game.

It was an even match up. Vanvleet is an amazing PG! So fast.

Back