How about those Royals???

Dakotazeb

Hey the Royals are looking good. Swept the ChiSox. They certainly aren't sucking anymore. But then there are the lowly Twins, the team does truly SUCK! I'm sticking by my prediction earlier in the season that they would lose 100 games this year. I'm cheering for a 100 loss season in hopes it will force the owners to can the GM and the entire coaching staff so we can get a fresh start. Bring someone in to build a fire under these guys. They don't have one frickin' leader on the team. The M&M boys are just "too good and laid back". I want to see someone in the clubhouse that will kick some a$$ and get this team moving. It's really getting painfull to watch their games.

yea too bad. When they were losing we had a chance to get rid of Yost. We will never win with him. At least Getz is hurt and out. He has no future with the team. Giavotella is the future. If not we need to find qut who. Unfortunately as long as they win Yost gets a reprieve.

I hope Giovatella is not part of the future, if you are going to be a below average defender you had better be a stud at the plate, athletically he does not match up with other major league 2B. I do not mind Yost being on the bench, but he is absolutely terrible at game time decisions, he has no clue as to running a pitching staff. Dakota, at least you know what it is like to be in the playoffs or a pennant chase, I am trying to remember what it felt like. 2003 and 1994 seem like forever ago, good thing we signed Gonzales and Santiago for 2004 to take us to the next level.:eek:

I feel like this is fairly typical of the Royals. Once the season is gone and there is no chance of being in the mix they play decent, decent enough to give some fans "Royals Hope". Which is like regular hope, except you know deep down in your soul that they are still going to be awful next year, but it is fun to think act like they have a shot.

At least one of their top players did not just get caught with PEDs. That was tough as a Giants fan.

I liked Melky, word didn't come out on why the Royals traded him until after he got caught. Apparently everybody knew it was going to happen, even with his great #s last year, the Giants are the only team that showed much interest. We have since traded Johnathan Sanchez who sucked, and finally got a decent pitcher.

I will tell you how bad sports have turned for me in KC, I turned the Chiefs off to watch the rest of the Royals game last night. The Chiefs were hammered 44-7 last night. I know I know it's only the preseason, but the third game is the one that is supposed to be the most like a regular season game. Cassell was running around like a scared little girl again, and the defense was horrible.

The starting pitching has been much better the last month, and is shows in the number of wins.

The Royals are a better team after some of the changes. Loosing Getz will hurt the D, but give them a chance to see what some of the other guys can do.

Now the Chiefs :(

that was a great comeback last night. They are really hitting the ball well. That play at the plate in the tenth between hosmer and perez was stellar. Not many ist basemen/ catchers complete that play. Still think frenchie is done. The young kids hosmer/moustakas will be fine. I think the grind has gotten to them a little. I for one hope getz doesn't return. I don't think we can stomach a ss/sb tandem that combine for 2 hr and 40 rbi's. We are going to need more than that to win, and you can't get rid of escobar.

I agree with everything you said. Perez is the best catcher in baseball, Moose and Hos are at the top of the list for their positions. You are right about Frenchie, slumps do not last 5 months. Getz can not treturn, he has to be able to do something well, when you are average at best defensively, you can not be below average offensively, Escobar brings a lot more to the team.

Perez is a solid player... But he is no where near the best catcher in baseball. There is a guy in SF named Buster Posey.... He is the best catcher in baseball.

Posey is very good, he does not have Perez skill set on defense. Perez changes the way other teams run the bases more so than Posey.

I for one am not unhappy with Getz. He is solid on D, and he is productive at he plate and on base. He is not going to hit home runs, but that is not what the team needs. I would much rather see more power coming from the outfield.

As long as we have good starting pitching with the way the bullpen is throwing, we are going to win more than we loose.

Hosmer worries me, he is not making solid contact much of the time. He has gotten a bigger looping swing, which is not good for long term success. Not that I don't think he will be a good player for them, but I don't know about being the #3 hitter in the future. We will see.

Posey is very good, he does not have Perez skill set on defense. Perez changes the way other teams run the bases more so than Posey.

You are right, perez changes the entire game. Did you see his throw last night? Right on the bag a full second before the runner. Another pick off at first on friday night. The play last night at home was phenomenal. Most athletic catcher in baseball, not even close. Offensively solid as a 5-6 hitter. All this while recovering from a torn meniscus to start the year.

You are right, perez changes the entire game. Did you see his throw last night? Right on the bag a full second before the runner. Another pick off at first on friday night. The play last night at home was phenomenal. Most athletic catcher in baseball, not even close. Offensively solid as a 5-6 hitter. All this while recovering from a torn meniscus to start the year.
At 21 yrs old! He is leading the league with 43% runners caught stealing, while having the same staff that couldn't stop any runners with Pena and Quintero behind the plate.

Last edited:
Back