Honey Hole

Recon

Yes you read that right i want to know where your honey hole is,

Growing up in Kansas my dad always made it a point to support the local small businesses whenever we went hunting and I have continued that tradition as an adult. I rarely pack a lunch and try to get my snacks and fuel at the local mom and pop stores when possible. So no I am not looking for your favorite hunting spot but I would love to know where you go for that special once in a lifetime burger, or the best french fries etc when you are out hunting. So please feel free to comment below and share where your honey hole is.

P.S.
anyone that wants to share your hunting honey hole just PM me lol :cheers:

There is a great restaurant in Fleming that I try to hit for lunch or dinner when I'm in that neighborhood. Bully's Pub and Grub. Check it out next time you're near Fleming.

Hey Recon,
Do you remember back several years ago when you and Roger (Hen, hen, rooster) and I went out?
Tom

Thanks for the recommendation Tom, and YES I definitely remember that trip it was one of my first hunting trips after getting stationed in Colorado, the two of you were a blast to hunt with!! We should make time to do it again PM me.

Rich

The Grainery, in Idalia (on Hwy 36, about 15 miles west of Kansas). We stop there at least the Friday of opening weekend. If I take the trailer out there for a weekend, I stop there so I don't have to fix dinner after setting up camp.

If you go into Wray, The 4th & Main (aka The Upstairs) is about the only decent restaurant in town.

Tin Can diner in Venango, NE. Their Sunday "brunch" is truly home cooking. It's an all you can eat feast that almost always includes some of the best fried chicken. I try to visit this little diner at least once a year. Love it!

Mom's Cafe in Otis. Just voted the best cinnamon rolls in NE Colorado. The burger dip is my favorite lunch! :10sign:

For lunch - The Diamond R in Saint Francis, Kansas... Great burger...

The burritos (particularly the Chorizo) at Reata truck stop at the Sterling exit. I stop twice each trip. All of their burritos are handmade, fresh, warm and perfect driving/hunting food.

Back