Hawkeyes?

Ranger Rick

This is an Iowa forum, so while I'm going off topic as far as pheasants are concerned, I'll pose the question anyway. How are your Hawkeyes looking this year? My Badgers upset LSU, which I would never have bet would happen. They now have two patsies, then run the gamut with MI State, Michigan, Ohio State and then Iowa. That's a tough run!

North Dakota State? Seriously? OMG!

Wisconsin should be happy the NDSU Bison aren't on their schedule. NDSU has won 5 consecutive FCS National Titles. I think Saturday was their 6th straight victory over a FBS school.

North Dakota State? Seriously? OMG!

Tough to take for sure and a massive disappointment. NDS would not only beat quite of few teams in the FBS but put a smack down on them. Yep, Iowa became their 6th straight FBS victim... 😕 The talent gap is pretty close these days between FBS and FCS.

Oh and btw... even though they are an FCS school, check the latest AP poll... (NDS is #27 and likely underrated). Thankfully for Iowa, this is early season and there's still time to read recover.

I didn't realize NDS was so good. A few kids from our local HS have played there in the past 5-10 years. Otherwise, except for hockey, they aren't on my radar.

Badgers squeaked one out against Georgia St, who came into Madison 35 point underdogs. Now comes the real test, Big Ten opener at MI St.

I didn't realize NDS was so good. A few kids from our local HS have played there in the past 5-10 years. Otherwise, except for hockey, they aren't on my radar.

Badgers squeaked one out against Georgia St, who came into Madison 35 point underdogs. Now comes the real test, Big Ten opener at MI St.

NDSU is football. UND is hockey. Both are very good programs. :thumbsup:

Yep, most don't know that. That's why most of the big dogs don't play these schools anymore. It was a trap game from the beginning for Iowa. I remember about 8-10 years ago a top 5 Michigan team losing at home to then power house of the FCS, Appalachian State. Most don't follow the FCS so they immediately thought Michigan lost to a low level team. App State was doing to the FCS then what NDS is doing to it now (which is incredibly hard to do!). Only this year, NDS will be going for an unheard of 6th straight National Title (incredible!). I follow the FCS fairly close because our home town team here is in the same conference and is typically a top team in the FCS as well. Hoping we take down the Bison this year in a home game. Not nearly as impressive, but our Panthers also took down a FBS team. For those who are fans of the team they took down, I won't mention that school. :D

btw... I was keeping tabs on the Badgers last weekend and was worried about them as well! They need to stay undefeated coming to Iowa City. Hopefully it'll be a fantastic game. ;)

It was a lose-lose for Iowa going in. Beat them? Nationaly, no one cares. Lose to them, and drop out of the top 25.

That being said, we got our butts kicked...plain and simple. Out played and out coached. Bison are a good team. They should be a FBS team, but they aren't. Good for them, they went in as underdogs (kinda) and played hard.

We either rebound, or end with a very middling record.

Unfortunately I have several in-laws who are Bison fans. Holidays should be fun :(

It was a lose-lose for Iowa going in. Beat them? Nationaly, no one cares. Lose to them, and drop out of the top 25.

That being said, we got our butts kicked...plain and simple. Out played and out coached. Bison are a good team. They should be a FBS team, but they aren't. Good for them, they went in as underdogs (kinda) and played hard.

Unfortunately I have several in-laws who are Bison fans. Holidays should be fun :(

Ha! Happy Holidays!!

I am curious as to why you feel that The Bison should be a FBS team. Are you familiar with the difference between the two? :)

NDSU is football. UND is hockey. Both are very good programs. :thumbsup:

See, you made my point. Those ND schools aren't much on my radar. I just remember hockey when I was in college, something like '81-'82. Fighting Sioux in Madison against the Badgers. Started a bench clearing brawl. They were in the stands beating on people. Went on to win the NCAA that year after 5 such incidents during the season. Man! That team was nasty!

Back