Harvest?

hunter94

would like an update on how much corn/milo/beans are still left standing? general areas and percentage left standing would be fine.
standing corn/milo sucks up the birds after the opener....i like to wait until most of it is out. thanks

I talked to a local ( my guide in NE Kansas) and he said 70% crops have been harvested. He said most are out. That report is just for his area of state

I call him a guide. Just a friend who lives there - we hunt together and I give him a fee for his efforts to find places to hunt. He likes Ky Bourbon as well. I bring plenty with me. Farmers love Ky bourbon

We hunted Smith County for the youth hunt and very few of the crops had been cut but they were working on them day and night.

snow coming......definitely not good for beans.......that and China isn't buying them. yeah, grumpy farmers, for sure.

Heard from the farmers where we hunt in NW Washington County. They have all their beans and corn harvested, but still have a fair amount of Silage in the fields.

forecast shows at least a good week to 10 days of dry weather ahead....harvest should roll in a few more days after the fields begin to dry out.

forecast shows at least a good week to 10 days of dry weather ahead....harvest should roll in a few more days after the fields begin to dry out.

Are we going to get enough heat to dry them out or just a constant freeze/thaw mess every afternoon?

Pic from Sunday right before we hit the road for home...

sorry, wrong thread..... but since I posted here, most of the crops were out where we hunted in Kiowa and Edwards counties.

Last edited:
Pic from Sunday right before we hit the road for home...

sorry, wrong thread..... but since I posted here, most of the crops were out where we hunted in Kiowa and Edwards counties.

sunny and 60 on Thursday and Friday...........throw in some SW winds and things should begin to dry out a bit.

I call him a guide. Just a friend who lives there - we hunt together and I give him a fee for his efforts to find places to hunt. He likes Ky Bourbon as well. I bring plenty with me. Farmers love Ky bourbon

Get him a bottle of Buffalo Trace. He will offer to be the flusher and retriever!

Back